GoPro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. I am sending a damaged Gopro back to mainland europe for a replacement. The instructions request that 3 copies of the commercial invoice be attached to the outside of the packaging. Does this mean 3 attached in different places on the outside or all 3 inside a clear envelope ?

Has anyone else from the UK returned items back to Gopro ?

Many Thanks

Al

·
Administrator
9,088 Posts
here in North America this is what you do.

1. your own funds, insurance for the retail value of the camera, if something happens you get funded, period

2, gopro already has it insured, to protect them, not you.

3RMA number nice clear black marker , mar it down example RMA#4235237025
4.copy of the invoice inside, with and hand writen your RMA# and name and address
5, on a clear pkg envelope the invoice

6 take a photo of hte camera, the seriel, and in the box. keep as records.

you covered all angles. now what you send back

Camera ONLY and only the camera, you can keep the battery door, and lens protector, You will get back a camera in a brown box, DO NOT and do not send anything else you will lose it and not get it returned,

ask me how many times i sent a camera back and correctly got back a camera. good luck over there wit hteh return 3 weeks tops!if and only if in stock

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the Reply Fish. I took out GoPro Subscription so exchanging it for a new one as mine fell off my bike on a commute into work and smashed the lens plus now having issues saving to the memory card. Because i have the subscription i get a new one sent out in its place which is good.

Its comfused me with the whole "3 copies of the commercial invoice to the front of the package" you know the size of the camera so the package i`m returning is very small..... i`m thinking of just putting 3 copies in a clear envelope and fix that to the outside of the package and see what UPS depot say when i take it in.

Thanks for taking the time to reply i really appreciate it.

Regards

Al

·
Administrator
9,088 Posts
All you need is the rma # on the outside , the address, and the invoice, copies inside is best.

·
Administrator
2,876 Posts
I would use a clear envelope and stick it to the outside of the package as instructed, with 3 copies of the invoice attached.
Why they need you to provide it is beyond me - maybe GoPro can no longer afford to run a photocopier in their office.

·
Administrator
9,088 Posts
Well if they given a form and instructions follow it, why things do not get done corectly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts