GoPro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded the gopro app on my android and found I had to sign up to join and then agree to a monthly fee could someone tell me where and how to download the free version

·
Registered
395 Posts
there is only one version. carefuly read what is on the screen and skip that paid service. as far as i know in the latest versions you dont have to be signed up at all

·
Registered
87 Posts
I agree.

I honestly don’t remember when I downloaded it, so I don’t remember what the setup was. I do remember that you had to have an account or make a new one to use the app.

·
Administrator
9,717 Posts
GoPro app is free, if you wan to join and pay for Icloud that is what you saw??? or maybe you can tell us what you saw?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Along with the access to the GoPro cloud your $5 monthly for the Plus membership gets you 24/7 access to get help when struggling with something or another. I joined the Plus when I got my Hero 6. Sure has come in handy a few times!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Along with the access to the GoPro cloud your $5 monthly for the Plus membership gets you 24/7 access to get help when struggling with something or another. I joined the Plus when I got my Hero 6. Sure has come in handy a few times!
I would love to get the Plus membership. But I put a dent in my wallet getting the HERO6 black as it is. 😕

·
Administrator
9,717 Posts
The only time I see the Plus program to work out:

Use a lot in water, and if afraid the camera will break.. some see it as not worth getting

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you have the little extra money to do it, I say do it. That way if you break it, you can get a brand new one shipped to your door.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts