GoPro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On vacation with my GoPro Hero3 Black I happened to look at my camera and it was displaying "SD ERR". Sadly this was after two days of capturing video. When I put my card in my PC and Mac I'm asked to format which I did not. After trying numerous repair tools that came up with nothing I found that three tools could at least see that there were videos somewhere on the card. These tools were PC Inspector File Recovery, iCare Data Recovery, FileRestore Professional and RecoverMyFiles. I actually went through the recovery process with the PC Inspector and iCare and the resulting MP4 files which looked to be the correct size were unplayable. I ran the recovered MP4 files through a number of processes to see if they could be made to play including tools to help rebuild the hearder files but the MP4 files were not usable. Last resort I sent the card to the folks at LC Technology and they had the same issue, they could recover the MP4 files but they were unplayable.

Anyone have any luck recovering videos off corrupt cards? I've read somewhere that the way the videos are written to the cards prevents them from being retrieved by normal means.

Thanks in advance for the help!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts