GoPro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a USB port on my motorcycle. I mounted my Her8 Black camera within reach of this power source. My question is can I video/record while charging my battery at the same time. Will the camera operate in this mode or only on battery power?
Thank You. Ron C.

·
Administrator
9,554 Posts
You have to pull the battery out, id you think about trying that? My Osmo action I simply do what you said , without the pull of a battery, as well my Yi, why not Gopro, they are not that smart, if asked, Something we all been asking day one, its Years later.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Am always charging GoPro8 using powerbank while taking video continuously without pulling out the battery. So far so good.

Cheers

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,554 Posts
As long as you got a good Power bank 1K per hour you be fine

·
Administrator
9,554 Posts
The Door is called a Ulanzi G8-7 (aluminum) G10 plastic. ups & downs. they will f all off as well. they will not make it waterproof, but they will allow access for the USB type C cable, and chances of a short can happen, wit the aluminum one. Gopro did not make their own, they want you to keep the door on, it is a waterproof camera. if you take it off, put the Ulanzi door on, and say Hey look a Lake, DUNKED, to realize of man I forgot to put the gopro door on, lets go LIE to gopro that water injested in.

For protecting the camera, Yes the way to go Ulanzi g8-7 or other.

For long timelapses, Heat is a factor constant video, GOOD LUCK! dead of winter GOOD LUCK, Dead of SUMMER GOOD LUCK. If all is correctly set up, you should get your shot,I personally do not trust gopro for anything more then the shot I am after,

I'll go with DJI as the battery does not have to be removed,
I'll go with a Yi the same
I'll go with the Mobius
But yeah I have an issue with my Sony HX90V I got to remove the battery as well, but that is how camera companies are.

the choice is clear and yours:

6-12vdc system to a USB charge port, or powerbank, remove bat, ulanzi door hours offootage,

Battery alone withstands 120 degree on the battery, fine print
GoPro works at up to 145-151 degrees, temp threshold sensor set by gopro, (DJI fw 1.10 low o r high can be set)
camera crashes file has a save system if that system fails at least you got all the other chapters but the last.

FISH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts