GoPro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello – I recently purchased a Hero7 Black as I want to record my running this year’s Boston Marathon. The race itself will take about 4.5 hours plus I would like some shots of the pre & post-race activities. I will mount the GoPro on a ball cap and power it via a X~PWR All-Weather Ext. Power Kit and 10,000 mAh battery pack. I would like to be able to cycle between, time lapse, 1080p/60fps and photo mode so I bought a smart remote only to find that the battery life will not cut it. I have been testing this setup during my long training runs and have been very happy with the time-lapse video quality but have not quite figured out how to easily toggle between the other video modes.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated as I know I do not have all of the answers and this race is pretty much a one-shot deal. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
345 Posts
your best bet is using voice control, that way you can switch between modes easily and quickly, hands free. as long as there wont be too much noise around u that would prevent that

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
We all know the camera in Quick Captue short press is video, long press is timelapse. We also know mode on is on default video mode.

So pick a mode you want when you turn on the camera and you have three different set ups. or use your smartphone a 10K bat will last a few hours .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Being a newbie, I have not used voice control or quick capture but they do sound like they will be a big help. Thanks for the suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
345 Posts
For full and easy control I would use a smartphone and the GoPro App.

He is going to run a marathon, he is not going to spend time looking at the smartphone screen . Fishes advice with buttons makes the most sense in this case

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
I am sure we all have excellent suggestions and the best practice is to be prepared, try the best to have a Plan? And when you put that plan into Action we'll see a video from @KY_Tom and can compliment him on his Glory.

FISH

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate everyone's comments - Thank You! After experimenting some more, I think the Voice Commands will be what I use. I have used the TimeWarp/Hyperlapse mode with some success and will use this for the majority of the marathon, but plan to switch to video mode to capture the sight & sounds of some landmark segments. I also plan to use burst mode for any special sights. With the GoPro on a ball cap, I must rely on the beeps to ensure the Voice commands are accepted, but I have noticed after issuing a command I will get a single beep and then 3 or 4 seconds later I will get several beeps - not sure what this means.

Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts