GoPro Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Administrator
9,376 Posts
Look closely you see my case is filed down and if I slid more I be speechless video to come top speed would be 37 I guess

Attachments

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
my play on the beach didn't go so well, my parts hadn't arrived before i left so it had an open diff (did manage surprisingly well). But i took it down to part of the beach what i thought was just wet sand, turned out to be about 1-2inches of water lol. Seemed fine for a few minutes after but started slowing down, so let my 5yr old nephew have a go while it was slow. I think the water got into it then as he lost control & it just went off at full speed into the sea lol. A bloke walking a couple of dogs fished it out for me, but i think the receivers knackered. I got my first water splash on the Session (which i'll post later), but must of accidentally turned it off before its run into the sea. Home now & all my parts have arrived, & new motor so time to strip & rebuild (& waterproof) before the next holiday

·
Administrator
9,376 Posts
Protecting your Servo, Rx and esc when they are , as you now know not waterproof or resistant . sorry to hear.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Protecting your Servo, Rx and esc when they are , as you now know not waterproof or resistant . sorry to hear.
the ESC seems to be trying, but think the receiver took a good dunking. I've seen people dip them in plasti-dip to water proof them, & seem waterproof ESC's

·
Administrator
9,376 Posts
one of the members dipped his Esc and that was the end of it he painted the dip on 3 layers, heat built up and he said it was not worth it. You can get then dirt cheap but they may only be splash proof not waterproof check out banggood, gearbest. they sell around $40.00

·
Administrator
9,376 Posts

·
Administrator
9,376 Posts
hobbywing are enexpensive Esc @p fandango if you ge the right one they are waterproof.

·
Administrator
9,376 Posts
salt water run cool. tyres do not look like they are realistic meaning the way the camera films it maybe EIS does that

·
Administrator
9,376 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
despite being 41 i spent the day messing with the RC car & Nerf guns lol. Had to replace all the electrics except the steering servo, did use waterproof stuff now tho. Also put the upgraded motor in, & swapped the rear axle for one which i modified with a locked diff. Controller has got a steering wheel now, which i'm not overly a fan of, but put a phone mount on so i can get FPV from the GoPro now

41 - 55 of 55 Posts