GoPro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought myself a (reasonably) cheap RC car to thrash round on the beach when i go to the caravan, obviously i had to put a GoPro mount on it. Everything's on charge & hope to give it a try on the local field tomorrow

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
got some myself coming to me enjoy the fun

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
my Emax will be converted to that in ways

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been eyeing up the Traxxas XMaxx 8S.......... Would love one of those for the summer ;)
just looked it up, jez i didn't pay that much for my real car lol

new RC cars with all the electrics are a pain in the backside, bring back the old mechanical speed controllers

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
you mean the exposed copper slider bar type?

hop up the Max to Aluminum, and i am in , nothing like a well built car by hand. not slapped together . building from parts you learn the ins and outs? P Fandango what car is that, you got? Before any run are you going to protect your electronics, they may say the are WP, and may not.

A Balloon over certain parts, Saran (SP) wrap, over the the inner hual to keep sand out are some old tips.

FISH

Chevron treads will be alright , enjoy

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you mean the exposed copper slider bar type?
yeh, never had any problems with the old copper rail & 2nd servo lol. Looks like i've controller/receiver issues, watch the video i'm sure it shouldn't do that lol

hop up the Max to Aluminum, and i am in , nothing like a well built car by hand. not slapped together . building from parts you learn the ins and outs? P Fandango what car is that, you got? Before any run are you going to protect your electronics, they may say the are WP, and may not.[/quote[
its a Tamiya Mad Bull, only took a few hours to build. But as you say should be easy to repair when I break it. Might look into the Nanospray to waterproof it

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
yeh, never had any problems with the old copper rail & 2nd servo lol. Looks like i've controller/receiver issues, watch the video i'm sure it shouldn't do that lol

hop up the Max to Aluminum, and i am in , nothing like a well built car by hand. not slapped together . building from parts you learn the ins and outs? P Fandango what car is that, you got? Before any run are you going to protect your electronics, they may say the are WP, and may not.[/quote[
its a Tamiya Mad Bull, only took a few hours to build. But as you say should be easy to repair when I break it. Might look into the Nanospray to waterproof it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2AXBiOTgq0
2wd sweet 4 wheel is better for the sand plastic bearing well it is a start. nothing to worry bout I hear ya on that. Now that looks like its motion sensitive, but maybe a loose wire or is it to be that way lol

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2wd sweet 4 wheel is better for the sand plastic bearing well it is a start. nothing to worry bout I hear ya on that. Now that looks like its motion sensitive, but maybe a loose wire or is it to be that way lol
i actually put metal ball bearings in, they were only £5 a set so soon replace them once the sand gets in. I don't think the controllers meant to do that, but see what the seller says

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
Pistol grip they are dirt cheap I not use a rc airplane controller Lol so do you think or is it supposed to be that type?

Ball bearings the way to go.

Is the canopy Hard or lexon

I use Fly ski gt3c coming soon the one I have are the Gt2B lion bats

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i've never got on with the pistol/steering wheel controllers so specifically went for the stick controller. Body is hard plastic

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
night and day difference wit hthe Pistol grip.

that is great love the hard plastic had that years ago, the lexon is to flexible at times, but when flipping itcan help bounce the car.

An ole trick later on is to see if the tires have holes if to bouncy a drill hole per tire. if you do not like it you plug it. stops the bounce? You may know that?

Did they say how fast this goes. I have three trugggy's om order they say they go up to 50mph 4wd.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the tyres are very soft, i was going to put foam inserts in.

the seller agrees its the hand controller & going to send me another out once i return these

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
Chevrons are soft. Glad to hear the seller will work with you? If you're putting tyre foam inserts . you may want to balance the hub then balance the wheel in full?
Also check the Mesh, your Spur gear make sure its not tight or to loose. it is a feel thing...

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
you mentioned machanical esc b4 what I had years ago that is one old esc

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeh thats the speed controller i'm used to. What truck was that, my initial guess was Midnight Pumpkin but noticed the twin shocks

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
@p fandango that is the tamiya Clod Buster had that years ago.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i remember the Clod Buster, quite a big size truck if i'm remembering right. My controllers been posted back, just hope i get the new one this week, planning on hitting the coast next week

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
got the exchange transmitter today, not overly impressed with the cheap feel to it but it does work. Had a minor issue of losing steering once i hit the wall, but a longer screw soon fixed that. Got a couple of batteries on charge, so might try it over the field tomorrow, before taking it the beach next week. Was quite disappointed by the 5 Session's poor stabilization

·
Registered
27 Posts
got the exchange transmitter today, not overly impressed with the cheap feel to it but it does work. Had a minor issue of losing steering once i hit the wall, but a longer screw soon fixed that. Got a couple of batteries on charge, so might try it over the field tomorrow, before taking it the beach next week. Was quite disappointed by the 5 Session's poor stabilization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqdeLS9jkr0
What resolution and frame rate and is it edited or raw

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 55 Posts