GoPro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to make a decision on a drone, yet I am stunned with how many people have shared stories that they've had issues with their Karma drones losing communication, drifting excessively when hovering, and/or failing to connect with GPS and crashing.

How does GoPro respond to these kinds of matters/
Has any of these matters been cleared up since the "Recall" took place?
IF buying, how does one know they are buying and actually getting one of the 'Newer" up to date models?

IN ADDITION: I'm so shocked that it doesn't have the "Follow Me" feature.

If you will, please share your thoughts and experience with your KARMA.

I'm starting to lean away from the Karma drone due to the unfavorable reports.

Someone help me!!! :surprise::crying:

·
Administrator
2,861 Posts
I think all drones have their issues as so many flights depend upon external factors, such as signal interference etc.
However, although this is a GoPro Forum, I would still go with a DJI Drone over the Karma - you get so much more for your money!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think all drones have their issues as so many flights depend upon external factors, such as signal interference etc.
However, although this is a GoPro Forum, I would still go with a DJI Drone over the Karma - you get so much more for your money!
It's a significant $$$ amount more though. #Ugh

·
Registered
14 Posts
What about the Phantom 3 standard, the price for that is really low ATM. For what you get I think it's a good deal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about the Phantom 3 standard, the price for that is really low ATM. For what you get I think it's a good deal.
Amazon has a crazy good deal on the Yuneec H with the RealSense feature for $1199. I'm seriously pondering. We shall see! ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm getting the DJi Phantom 3 standard this weekend, upgrading from a Hubsan H501s which is a great fun drone but I really need a decent camera / gimbal set up.

For £500 the phantom 3 is too good to miss.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm leaning towards the Yuneec just because DJI put in locks so if you within a few miles of an airport, it might not allow you to take off. Easy to by pass but you lose some functionality. It bothers me that DJI releases a product where the user doesn't have full control.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I spend my weekends within half a mile of an active RAF base so the geolock was a worry for me but I checked with the DJI app and it is not as bad as I thought, I've already got permission to fly from the base as long as I don't try overfly and I only fly at weekends.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts