GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a GoPro Hero new from E-bay. I think I got the wide view model, paid about $125 for it.
I'm just not happy with the quility of the video, it's very grainy.
I probably should have bought the more expensive model but is there anything I can do to improve the video?Can the case lens be changed so it is not wide view?
I have the GP attached to my bow for hunting.
Anyway to sell for an upgrade?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Judging by the price it

Judging by the price it sounds like you probably have the SD (standard definition) model. This could be the reason for the poor video quality. Do you have any videos online that we can watch? If not, try uploading one to YouTube and post it here so we can have a look at it first hand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really don't want to post a

I really don't want to post a video of a deer kill, may be offensive .
For the price I paid I'm sure it's SD. Is there anything I can do to improve the quility?
Are all SD cards created equal, or are some better than others? Would that make a difference?
Can I change the case lens if it’s a wide view?

·
Registered
40 Posts
All SD cards are definitely

All SD cards are definitely not equal. They are given a "Class" rating dependent on their speed. The higher the Class rating the faster the card will read/write. I know GoPro recommends a Class 4 or better for the HD cameras, but I'm not sure about the standard defs (they would require less speed if anything). Some brands of SD cards just don't work well with certain devices either.

Unfortunately, if the poor quality is due to the camera being a SD model then there really isn't anything you can do to improve the quality. Your best bet would be to sell it on Ebay or Craigslist and put the money towards an HD model.

No worries on the deer kill. Anyone who finds that offensive can choose not to watch it. I just got into bowhunting this year and would love to see it if it's already uploaded!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.