GoPro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a question: I bought a case for my gopro hero 10 and it has the battery cover suitable for use on a USB type C cable connected to the camera while recording. My question is whether that lid completely seals the battery compartment to prevent it from getting water. That is, it doesn't matter if the type C connector gets wet?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes it matters, sounds like an aftermarket case, what did the description say about it when you bought it?

I've got an aftermarket case that came with an aluminum battery compartment door with opening for USB port, and a clear case that has opening where USB port is, the back door is open for touch screen use and while it looks like GoPro's dive case, it is NOT water proof in any way. I simply bought it so I have a little debris protection for when mounted on my motorcycle and have ability to plug in external power.

·
Administrator
9,513 Posts
Grab a screen shot and maybe. A person in the regional areal can say this is hte one you should get.

·
Administrator
3,009 Posts
If the USB port on the camera is not covered and sealed when used under water (especially salt water), then you will end up killing your camera.
Post up details on the specific case you have so we can be sure?......

·
Administrator
9,513 Posts
camera fully closed, waterproofcase fully closed. no otherway around this its all added protection, do not do useb door opened in a waterproof case

1 - 5 of 5 Posts