GoPro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a video in 1080p and it looks pretty awesome. But when I use my video editor (AVS) to take a pic of a frame, it looks grainy and nothing like the video crispness that I see. The file size is only like 900KB. I also tried taking a screenshot of the video (without uploading it to the editor) and pasted in Paint. It looked great in Paint when I saved it, but when I tried to reopen it, it was black (I guess b/c it is from video?)... So is it possible to get high quality pics from high quality video or do I actually have to take time lapse pictures instead?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Snapshots

I have used Vreveal and snapshots are pretty good. Its primary use is to enhance and stabilize video, it works very well ! It will use the CUDA cores of Nvidia cards for the processing if available. You will have to purchase to try it out on videos of that size. The free version has limitations like this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I tried out both VReveal

Well I tried out both VReveal and Avidemux (I read about in another article), but neither could take a high quality screenshot from my video. I don't understand why this is so hard to do. Oh well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's actually what I did

That's actually what I did originally. The problem is that it the pic is only 900KB at the most and the image isn't very good. I thought that with high quality video, I could use that button for high quality pics. But that isn't the case.

·
Registered
17 Posts
screaminseahawk wrote:That's

screaminseahawk said:
That's actually what I did originally. The problem is that it the pic is only 900KB at the most and the image isn't very good. I thought that with high quality video, I could use that button for high quality pics. But that isn't the case.

That's odd, the frameshots grabs I got are over 3MB in filesize from 1080 video.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You just helped me realize

You just helped me realize something (and I don't know why it is the case). I had been dragging the video down to the timeline and trying to save from there. I did this because if you don't do the "caching" then it will be very jittery when you press play on the video. But I just tried to save the snapshot from the original video instead and it saved it at 8MB. Now it's not perfect, but it sure looks better than at 900KB. Thanks for the idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts