GoPro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya know, for a $500 package, this GoPro 8 Hero Black has tons of problems.

1) Random problems during charging, it turned on by itself during charging and got hot before latest firmware. Now, it randomly will leave the red light on after charging and I have to hold the power button for 12 seconds to reset, then I Can turn it on again. Sometimes it does not charge for an unknown reason.

2) The date and time of creation of the video is always wrong. When I copy it to the computer, it is always wrong. The detail timestamp is always "The moment it was copied to the PC"

The video quality is good, but the software and glitches make it seem amateur. My understanding is they don't give a flying c**(k and they don't care to address it.

Anyone have idea how to fix the incorrect date and time?

Also, WHAT THE **** is the reason for the "auto flip" of the screen? If you tilt the camera the menu display flips upside down... WHO WOULD EVER THINK THAT IS A GOOD IDEA? It did not start happening until last update.

Absolutely dreadful.

·
Administrator
3,000 Posts
I don't think the GoPro adds the date and time stamp on videos? I didn't ever notice a setting that did this with the Hero 8......
Your computer is adding the date and time the file was created on that computer itself. Thats nothing to do with the camera.

As for the auto-orientation - I'm sure there is a setting in the camera preferences where you can turn that off.......

Sorry, a bit vague I know, but I don't have a Hero 8 to test any more!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Incorrect sir. The problem of incorrect date/time on metadata has been a complaint of GOPRO users for years. I did a search that revealed this. In addition, the "turn on by itself" has been a problem for years.

They can't seem to correct these problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts