GoPro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I use GoPro HERO8 with 4K / 30 fps / Wide with "HyperSmooth 2.0 Boost" to shoot all my walking videos.
Before I updated to V2.50 my videos used to be VERY smooth.
After the V2.50 update my videos have become a LOT shakier. (Same settings with "HyperSmooth 2.0 Boost")
(Now I have to spend hours doing software stabilization for each of my videos and the results are still not as good as they used to be.)
Can I downgrade back to an earlier version (link, please) or is there some sort of fix to this problem?

EDIT, month after original post: I experimented more with walking videos. The stabilization with "HyperSmooth 2.0 Boost" does kick in when you are walking fast (slow jogging speed). If you walk slowly, especially if you try to keep the camera steady, the results will be bad, like in my video below.
Conclusion: I guess my walking videos will be much shorter than they used to be and I will be getting more fit with faster walking.

Link to my GoPro HERO 8 "HyperSmooth 2.0 Boost" sample video:

·
Administrator
9,143 Posts
Yes, you must have firmware versions to do that. I have for the Hero 8fw 1.6. and kept to that firmware

·
Registered
488 Posts
google for older firmwares, install the same way as when manually upgrading

Reactions: Fish

·
Administrator
9,143 Posts
Problem when you allow a smartphone to do the work and that is now where you are left, high and dry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The same problem, went on a trip, came back disappointed. Guess they need a reason for the next "hyper smooth" xD ... Look at this hyper boost on 2.7k -

1 - 5 of 5 Posts