GoPro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help please? Im using a hero black 7 at 1440, 60 fps, wide and the footage is very clear and sharp, but when i open most editing progs and drag the film to them, they loose sharpness by 5- 10 %. I have win movie maker 2012 and this the worst, have tried a few others under trial and about as bad, only filmora was ok ish...the footage is perfect until press play then it goes slightly blurred...i would like to make some films for youtube..im no expert at this, any ideas please of what i maybe doing wrong. Many thanks.

·
Administrator
9,314 Posts
Devinchi Resolve is a free program.

what sharpness is on the protune set HIGH. then try lowering to Med.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Fish
I,ll look up that editor, ive looked at protune on the camera and it is either on or off, there doesnt seem to be any adjustment for it.
I, ll tell you a little more....I had a hero 4 and made a film for youtube, first time ive had a go at this, i used windows movie maker old and all went well until uploading to youtube and it had lost some clarity! really annoyed at this, so took it off and tried anything I could but no joy so just put it back on, so now have this gopro 7 very much sharper but dragged a film in to WMM and clarity is bad, so have been trying out other progs on a trail and same blurry look, I am not going to buy any progs if they come out like that. I could do with someone telling me how they go from film to editing to uploading and how to get the best results. I'll look up that Devinci resolve see what happens with that.
Many thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum, and how is the sharpness after exporting, that the interesting point, not the sharpness while editing.
You can also edit the sharpness before exporting and set it higher.

Ciao Rob
I have not tried exporting because if it is not sharp just loading it into the editor prog then I assume there is no point going any further. I am trailing progs first, open, add film, files, then play and thats as far I go as they are a variety of out of focus, slightly blurred, or silver lining. How do you deal with sharpness please, as above (edit the sharpness before exporting and set it higher.)

·
Administrator
9,314 Posts
turn camera on. PRESS the badge that says the res FPS and FOV.
the lower Middle says Protunes.

You, the User needs to scroll up, to see the next line that says UNDER white balance the sharpness.

according to you you only said protunes on or off. (WINK)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
turn camera on. PRESS the badge that says the res FPS and FOV.
the lower Middle says Protunes.

You, the User needs to scroll up, to see the next line that says UNDER white balance the sharpness.

according to you you only said protunes on or off. (WINK)
Yes...found that, sharpness is set HIGH, ISO 100-1600, protune is still on or off no adjustment.

I have also tried a clip editing it in WMM and checked it before uploading to youtube and is 10% loss in clarity. Its at times like this I get anxious as I dont know why this is happening. I can do all the other editing, adding music, special effects, cutting and joining..... just cant get it to a sharp clear finish.

·
Administrator
9,314 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok thanks I'll check all that out, can you basically explain about exporting in 4K, is this something you click before finishing the editing side and save it for file or youtube please.

·
Administrator
9,314 Posts
W/o great deail each editor has options for the best resolution of Render. you want the same quality your bitrate is important

Sky Gadget Screenshot Font Personal computer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, after editing when you are completely ready with the vid you go for export.
There will be some presettings by the editor and you can change/choose the resolution and the framerate of your final vid.
4K and 30 FPS will give you the best quality on YouTube.

Ciao Rob
Thanks for that info, will give it a try.Cheers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for your tips, and I am getting much better results now, still need to experiment but far better now and nice to know I am doing the right things, I can move on. Thanks again. John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts