GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone in the forum. I own a gopro 7 black.
Today I was snowabording and it was cold as normal on the mountain. I was surprided when my gopro displayed a message " The HYPERSMOOTH stabilzation is disabled due to cold conditions..WTHF ???????? It is supposed that this is an action camera.The only reason I sold my gopro 6 and went to 7 black is the HYPESMOOTH when I snowboarding!
Anyone else who has noticed that?
Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
3,220 Posts
This has something to do with the battery providing lower capacity when it's cold. Ive read of it happening when trying to record with the highest settings in a very cold environment - make sure you battery is fully charged or maybe even try to use an external power bank if you can?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This has something to do with the battery providing lower capacity when it's cold. Ive read of it happening when trying to record with the highest settings in a very cold environment - make sure you battery is fully charged or maybe even try to use an external power bank if you can?
This is the reply from official gopro.

Hello Thanasis. As with all lithium-ion batteries, your GoPro's internal battery operates most effectively at moderate temperatures; cold weather leads to a decrease in overall battery life.

Image Stabilization in high performance modes draws a lot of power. In cold temperatures the battery is not able to keep up. Because of this, HyperSmooth and Standard Stabilization are not available in the following high performance modes when operating in very cold temperatures (0°C or lower):

2.7K 4:3 - 60/50
4K 60/50
4K 4:3 - 24

·
Administrator
3,220 Posts
Thanks for reporting back.
With the number of skiing and snow-based videos GoPro advertise their cameras with, I didnt think this would be an issue. Would be intersting to see if it worked OK with a larger external battery attached.
Also, try warming up the battery (leave it in your pocket etc) for a while before use.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.