Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all.

I'm Working in an audiovisual production company and we purchased two HD Go Pro Hero 2.

We also acquired the pack "Wi-fi", but we read "idon'trememberwhere" that should update the firmware of the camera to use it properly.

We plugged one of the cameras into our Mac Pro (we use Macs in the company) and using the Cineform Studio we update. We did it (of course, the file was downloaded and copied to the SD card). By following the steps (unplug the Mac, turn on the camera by pressing select and power...) and the camera never turn on again...

After several attempts the camera still does not turn on... except once, but he did not normally. The front LCD showed this:

As can be seen, the LCD is filled with random pixels...

I think the firmware is not well installed... and, the SD card was formatted (all folders have disappeared) and has only been at the root directory, the update file ...

I tried turning it on without battery (with its original cable plugged into the original battery charger),with battery, let it fill up a few hours without battery ...

Any idea how to act?

it's there any way to return to the previous firmware?

Had the camera a "recovery" mode?

Any ideas?

I would appreciate help.

Thank you very much for the help and attention, and sorry for my bad english (i'm from Spain).

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts
GoPro says no reverting, only

GoPro says no reverting, only goingfoward. If you have the OLD firmware, then you can revert back, but seems no one has it or they post it up?

so yes it is possable to reload firmware. Pressing the Power on cam goes to Press 1, then press 2 and loads firmware. it is a start if you can reload the foirmware if possable , if not contact gopro and the cams can be sent in for repair

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, the cam not

Unfortunately, the cam not responds... only show on the front LCD that random pixels that you can look at the photos....

Any idea?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.