GoPro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a feature that has been requested for ages now but i wonder who else would like to see a presets feature like the hero 8 black implemented for the hero 7 and what do you think the chances of it happening are? This is such a handy feature that to me would not seem too hard to implement. With the large number of options available it would be so awesome to be able to quickly select a saved preset and start shooting without having to go through all the settings for your capture especially when situations pop up and you need a goto preset for the situation pronto.
I also wonder how hard this would be to implement into the app itself to serve a range of different models? If anyone out there developed an app to be able to implement this feature i would gladly pay for it.

·
Administrator
9,737 Posts
Good Luck getting the Profile added to the hero 7. maybe because the internal memory is at near full for newer firmware? always room for improvement , We say and they are not improving, the older versions. either get the latest hero 9 with the newer interface or the hero 8 that has dropped drastically

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey nice to meet you Fish and thanks for your reply. Yeh it's almost forced redundancy and i feel locked into using gopro because i can't find a viable alternative. Even the Hero Silver 4 was a great cam imo and i have been looking for one 2nd hand but they are hard to find without the wifi noise issue. So with my budget i was able to stretch it to a new Hero 7 black that had dropped dramatically which i am really happy with. It just seems like presets should have benn added a few gen ago but if flash memory is an issue surely they would have forseen this as i would think it would be a negligible difference on pysical size. Oh well, still happy with my cam and glad i found this community. Gopro....can't live with them, can't live without them.

·
Administrator
9,737 Posts
Presets were asked way back then, I believe when the Hero 4 were out, protunes profiles no less, so yeah it took Gopro how many tries and years, yep 5 years so for them to have One engineer step off the Hero 9 Line to work again on writing something super simple as we see it, but may be very complicated with issues. They would have t osend out the firmware to their In-house testers again and get their feedback.

GoPro is first doing that, and the last to offer what people want. Maybe the webcam driver is more important today then the profile Lol FW 2.0 the future for there Hero 7. keep your fingers and toes crossed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts