GoPro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi fellows,

I have a Gopro hero 8 black, and I do paragliding. My current video is about 50 minutes, and I would like to put gopro stickers to it (altitude graph, speed gauge and path).
Since the video files splitted into 4GB pieces, first I joined them whit ffmpeg. This was my first figth: composing the ultimate ffmpeg command to join the files and keep the telemetry data in it. Finally I found a solution, so this is not a problem anymore.

I have an iphone 13 pro max, and now I'm trying to export my video with stickers from Gopro Quik app, but after I start the export process, the animated loader is working, it says "preparing clip", and the progress bar is growing as well. But my problem is: its very, very, very slow. (I ran this **** for hours, and it did only about 15-20%. Again, its a 50 minutes video, and its literally the strongest iphone out there I'm using)

So, here's my questions:
  • What the **** happening?
  • Who thought at Gopro company that a video editing app only available on smartphones is a good idea? (I also have an M1 macbook pro, which is very effective in video editing, but I cannot use it for gopro app, because there is no gopro app for desktop right now, just the legacy ****. The legacy **** is support the gopro 7 or lower).
  • Why is this process so slow on the strongest iphone out there? (I tried everything: removed and reinstall app, delete cache, restart phone, etc). What can I do to make it faster? I can't beleive the fact that I should have to wait literally a day to render a 50 minutes video...
  • What can I do to put stickers/gauges on Mac? (Dashware is windows-only, racerender is ugly and put a big watermark on videos). So seriously, what should I do to achieve this simple goal?

Thank you in advance,
Robert

·
Administrator
9,088 Posts
Have you tried to work with one chapter at a time, first?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried to work with one chapter at a time, first?
Yes, but this solution is not acceptable, since If I put stickers on chapters one by one, then every chapter will have an own route, own graph, etc., and each chapter change on final (joined) video will cause a weird changing in graphs. I need to show the “big picture” in graphs. I hope this is understandable.

Thanks,
Robert

1 - 3 of 3 Posts