GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pre-purchase Enquiry

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Fish 
#1 ·
I've done my fair share of research on GoPro HD Hero2, been watching tons of videos shot with it. I must say I'm really impressed and keen on purchasing one. But the issue I have is, will there be a new "HD Hero 3" coming out soon? Since the HD Hero2 was launched in Oct 2011, its close to being a year since its launch, I'm just afraid that the new GoPro will be launched after I purchase HD Hero2. I'm not very well off but I wanna invest in a GoPro, its obvious to me that I wont be able to afford another new GoPro once I purchase the HD Hero2.

Any help on this?
Constructive inputs would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers! :D

#4 ·
thaat I agree. We waited for

thaat I agree. We waited for thiscompanyto release a new cam, they closed their doors instead. so that new cam nevercame out butthe samemodel isstil laround till no one has them left
getone and continue on. no cam no memories

#5 ·
New H3

sshwann
Don't know if an H3 is in the works. The H2 could use some minor improvements. I really like my H2. Who knows when an H3 might come out.
Not sure I'd wait. It's a fun camera. Haven't used it yet but Best Buy has an upgrade option when you but electronics that will give you a credit on buying an upgrade. Don;t know how much but worth looking onto.
dalman

#6 ·
REI store not ordering any more of current GoProHD2

Was about to buy an H2 from my local REI store ($30 dividend nice) but was told out of stock - when I asked when they would be getting more in I was told that the system is showing that there are currently no replenishment orders pending.

Could be three reasons:
1/ REI/GoPro have decided not to sell them any devices any more - unlikely
2/ a mistake in REI stock control - hmm possible but other store only had 1 left too....
3/ a new model is on the way so letting current stock deplete......?

#8 ·
the GPHD2 is so popular

the GPHD2 is so popular Hoping that i the reason Lol but never hold your breath. Ifso and true I sell mine and still get most the money back due to Popularity,

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.