GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like others experiences and solutions with power up problems of GoPro HD. My GoPro is <ins>totally </ins> unreliable. Manf.'s Forum suggests removing and replacing battery. Great solution, open case, pop out camera, open back, pry out tight fitting battery, replace/change battery, lose date time data,replace camera back, try to power up may work may not,if not repeat last 6 steps, if it turns on put back in case, readjust shot. Takes a lot longer to do than read, and by then you've probably missed the action you were looking to capture.

I've tried new battery,charged battery overnight at recommended 1000mAh but if camera comes on it does show battery as full. Have I got a lemon or is this an experience that is common to other GoPro HD users.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Power up problems

Yes, I have the same. I used the HD Hero last year, and hadn't tried it until a couple of weeks ago. Charged the battery (red led, then went out as charged) Since then, nothing. Not a dicky bird. Its been stored in a case, inside and hasn't been dropped, abused or otherwise damaged
I have tried my battery in a buddies similar camera, and tried his in mine and the batteries are fine, but my cam will simply not power up. At all.
I have posted Go Pro support but had no reply, but this is not an isolated problem - see
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=50043151918&topic=13798#topic_top

Loads of people with the same problem. Go Pro need to sort a fix.
Richard

·
Registered
2 Posts
No Power up

I have had the same problem
Put the cam away after last years racing season over here in UK and when I brought it out a couple of weeks ago and charged it - - Nothing.
I tried all the tricks with SD and battery removal, but nowt. not a blink.
I changed batteries with my buddy's Go Pro and his is fine with my battery. Mine is just dead.
I have put a request into Go Pro support, but nothing so far, so I have put a second in.
Watch this space
Richard

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dead Hero2

I have exactly the same problem. One minute charging fine then I heard a Beep and now it's dead. Nothing will bring it back to life my PC says USB not recognised. It's only a few weeks old and until today worked perfectly. It's had an easy life no sports or anything. Have I got a dud or is this quality issue normal ?
On the plus side before it died I got an amazing time lapse of a wedding ceremony I was shooting, is this a first for a Hero2 ?

any help appreciated

cheers

Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had the same problem

I've had the same problem with my 2 month old hero2. Won't recognize sd cards that work great in other gopros or says they're full even though empty and won't power on even though battery is charged. Sent back to gopro last Wednesday for repair or replacement. We will see what happens. On a side note customer service was excellent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.