GoPro Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Administrator
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please note correctly your issue to the Correct thread this is for the Hero 11 mini only, post all your issues related here.

· Registered
1 Posts
my 11 mini died on the first day. I tested it for about 2 hours, then connected it to charge and the camera froze while it was charging. Now the light is no longer on, I've tried everything, 10 seconds reboot, SD card out and stuff like that. nothing reacts anymore

· Registered
4 Posts
So I am not the only one! I have owned mine for one month. Firmware update was recently pushed out. I actually did not perform the update until Christmas morning. Thats when the issues started happening the entire day. The unit would shut off (With the battery being fully charged) within 30 minutes. Turning it on , the message would read it shut off due to overheating. This happened all day. Then I noticed that the device stopped charging (It will not charge beyond 1%). Connecting the device to a power source and triple clicking the power button turns it on, to show the status . The charging icon blinks as though it's charging but never rises above 1%. I have tried several usb-c cords. I have 3 that came from GoPro along with brand new power blocks. Everything worked flawless until this firmware update. I have chatted with Support and will be receiving a replacement , but it will take 7 - 14 business days AFTER they receive a device that is one month old. The replacement process is a bit tedious also. Having to take photos and send them directly to links that are sent to you.
I had debated whether or not to purchase this one or the Hero11 and went with this one. I was able to record Christmas somewhat before it actually tanked which is good~!

· Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same issues as you all. My 11 Mini is about 2 weeks old, I updated the firmware on day 1 and then it worked ok for a few days, I got some good footage. Then I think the battery ran down to zero and now it won't charge above 1% - plugged in I can connect to it and use it, but as soon as the cable is removed it shuts off after a few seconds. I've spent about an hour chatting with customer support and they're going to start a warranty claim (this is a painful 2 week process). Their advice was to not let the new camera's battery run down to zero and charge it immediately if the battery does go flat. I explained that might not be possible due to being up a mountain (etc) and their advice was to take a power pack with me. Seems like this is potentially quite a flawed product, let's hope the new one doesn't have the same issue.

· Registered
4 Posts
I think I should have got the Hero 11 and not the Mini...
I did not think upon it! I went ahead and purchased the 11 the same day I wrote the first message here.... I was so aggravated and still am by several things :
Under the assumption the mini was and is supposed to be identical to the bigger brother minus the obvious ,however, one of the main features that is not included (Which definitely would've swayed my original purchase) is GPS and the ability to use overlays for videos...
So it gets better:At the time of my purchase of the 11 mini(November 19th), I started to purchase the following: Volta , Max Lens Mod (As the 11 series are supposed to be identical with hardware right??!!) , BUT did not because there was no word if it was compatible. Also The Volta was allot cheaper during that time frame but no word if it was compatible.
Fast Forward : Firmware update that bricked my device included a Firmware UNLOCK to enable the Max Lens Mod functionality on the 11 Mini...
So While I have been waiting for my 11 Mini.. Ive purchased the Creator Edition set up for my 11... Lo and behold on the box of the Volta I received (COMPATIBLE WITH 11 MINI) Which I knew it should work, but never wise to assume when financial matters are at hand!I notated the page with a review and also sent the query to support as to why the page has not been updated to reflect that the Volta does WORK with the 11mini?From a business perspective : Why the **** would you not update every page to reflect the products that do work ? Allot of sales were lost because of that dropped ball....

Gadget Cameras & optics Camera accessory Font Gas
Ac adapter Audio equipment Font Gadget Cable

UPDATE ON MY RETURN: They received my defective unit last Friday... I did not receive an email , phone call , FAX or SNAIL MAIL to notify of their receipt of the product , nor information pertaining to the replacement...
I called yesterday to find out the 11Mini is on back order and it might be another 2 weeks before I receive the device , so that would be an entire MONTH from originally sending it out(I told my wife it would take a month or longer).... The explanation that was told was that there was a very high demand but no plan in place to have replacements for this specific reason?
Working IT and passing over purchasing every model of GoPro that has came out . I decide to dive into the world of GoPro for the first time.... Wanting the best solution for family adventures to be slapped in the face by SOFTWARE.... Hardware is solid but whoever is on the development team needs to be replaced..... Plenty of awesomesauce Software Engineers out there... Plenty of Beta Hardware /Software testers out there to test firmware before it's pushed to the public..... I hate to say it , but allot of others will be reporting the same due to the flawed firmware and NEW button configuration that you have to dig for or screen record the verbiage displayed on the firmware update page before updating the device.....

· Registered
1 Posts
My 11 Mini also had to be sent back for repair/replacement. Battery stopped charging (said it was charging on the phone app but no red LED on the top of the camera) when the battery was at 40%. Had worked fine for a week and took nice videos but then out of the blue it **** the bed. I was just about to send it back when it started charging again. So I used/charged it for another 2 weeks and then it died again. Wouldn't charge after depleting the battery. Still works if plugged into a power source. Hopefully the replacement will be better. I'm not optimistic. The problem happened before and after the firmware update. I was really hoping the 2.0 firmware would address the problem but obviously it did not.

· Administrator
2,294 Posts
UPDATE ON MY RETURN: They received my defective unit last Friday... I did not receive an email , phone call , FAX or SNAIL MAIL to notify of their receipt of the product , nor information pertaining to the replacement...
I called yesterday to find out the 11Mini is on back order and it might be another 2 weeks before I receive the device , so that would be an entire MONTH from originally sending it out(I told my wife it would take a month or longer).... The explanation that was told was that there was a very high demand but no plan in place to have replacements for this specific reason?
Working IT and passing over purchasing every model of GoPro that has came out . I decide to dive into the world of GoPro for the first time.... Wanting the best solution for family adventures to be slapped in the face by SOFTWARE.... Hardware is solid but whoever is on the development team needs to be replaced..... Plenty of awesomesauce Software Engineers out there... Plenty of Beta Hardware /Software testers out there to test firmware before it's pushed to the public..... I hate to say it , but allot of others will be reporting the same due to the flawed firmware and NEW button configuration that you have to dig for or screen record the verbiage displayed on the firmware update page before updating the device.....
I dont think the mini is in high demand at all. In fact, I have yet to see anyone around me even buy one - I haven't even physically seen one yet!
On the contrary, I think it's turned into a bit of a flop. People expected a 'Hero Session' style camera, both in physical shape as well as characteristics. The mini isn't that much smaller then the standard Hero 11 when you really consider the two, yet you lose some very useful features. I for one don't want to use the GoPro app at all - I don't want to rely on any app to control any action camera for that matter - I don't have time to be messing with apps when I'm out and want to change settings and just capture video, so if I cant do EVERYTHING on camera, then its a no from me straight away. I can see how the app is useful when editing or offloading video, previewing etc, but generally they have no place in my workflow whatsoever.

Part of the reason for me moving to Insta360 cameras was not only because of the more reliable hardware/software combination (any bugs are squashed with regular updates, not like GoPro's once a year update!), it was also the fact that I have more choice. I can film and then have the choice of using the app OR the desktop software, both of which I still think are the best in the industry right now. GoPro foolishly gave up on their desktop software - its like they have no skilled software engineers left in the company!

GoPro are more and more like Apple - no innovation left and copying the competition. Not only is teh Hero 11 mini a bit of a flop, their 'new features' are just copied from other companies. DJI had the front screen first, GoPro followed suit. Now DJI have a touch front screen - I best we get one in the Hero 12 - you get where I'm going!

· Administrator
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As new models come out, so does the reporting of issues, GoPro works on firmware fixes, they can be released within a day and up to 3 months, and continue to always improve, visit the website for further releases as well your mobile device. If any troubles of the Mini you have Simply post your issues down below, if gopro monitors all sites, maybe just maybe they'll do something about it. we at the goproforums do wish you the best.

We are not gopro.com, we are not gopro staff we are volunteer real people and we offer Opinions, please visit gopro.comp and get your issue reported or else its talk

· Registered
4 Posts
I dont think the mini is in high demand at all. In fact, I have yet to see anyone around me even buy one - I haven't even physically seen one yet!
On the contrary, I think it's turned into a bit of a flop. People expected a 'Hero Session' style camera, both in physical shape as well as characteristics. The mini isn't that much smaller then the standard Hero 11 when you really consider the two, yet you lose some very useful features. I for one don't want to use the GoPro app at all - I don't want to rely on any app to control any action camera for that matter - I don't have time to be messing with apps when I'm out and want to change settings and just capture video, so if I cant do EVERYTHING on camera, then its a no from me straight away. I can see how the app is useful when editing or offloading video, previewing etc, but generally they have no place in my workflow whatsoever.

Part of the reason for me moving to Insta360 cameras was not only because of the more reliable hardware/software combination (any bugs are squashed with regular updates, not like GoPro's once a year update!), it was also the fact that I have more choice. I can film and then have the choice of using the app OR the desktop software, both of which I still think are the best in the industry right now. GoPro foolishly gave up on their desktop software - its like they have no skilled software engineers left in the company!

GoPro are more and more like Apple - no innovation left and copying the competition. Not only is teh Hero 11 mini a bit of a flop, their 'new features' are just copied from other companies. DJI had the front screen first, GoPro followed suit. Now DJI have a touch front screen - I best we get one in the Hero 12 - you get where I'm going!
Just got off the line with Support again and was told that "Replacement" Hero11 Minis are out of stock. However, they are in stock to sell... I am giving this until Monday and requesting a refund. I had just hit the 30 day mark when I reported on Christmas Day. They received the defective one last Friday...
Once I receive my refund, I am getting an insta360...First time purchasing a GoPro and this has yet been the most time consuming situation I have ever experienced.

· Administrator
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So you are changing your mind on the repair to refund, while you signed for a repair? Iknow how that will go, and hope you do get the refund, best to luck on that, fingers crossed for you.

· Registered
4 Posts
So you are changing your mind on the repair to refund, while you signed for a repair? Iknow how that will go, and hope you do get the refund, best to luck on that, fingers crossed for you.
I was on the phone part of the day , but I am getting a refund. Should be in my account within 72 business hours ( Wednesday ) and then I'll keep it pushing.
I purchased a Hero 11 Creators edition the same day I made my initial post. I wanted a good camera for our winter trip, Although I have enough hardware, I wanted something that could stand up to a beat down if need be. The Mini was fun at first, until all of the features you wish you had are missing...

· Administrator
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was on the phone part of the day , but I am getting a refund. Should be in my account within 72 business hours ( Wednesday ) and then I'll keep it pushing.
I purchased a Hero 11 Creators edition the same day I made my initial post. I wanted a good camera for our winter trip, Although I have enough hardware, I wanted something that could stand up to a beat down if need be. The Mini was fun at first, until all of the features you wish you had are missing...
With gopro and the lawsuit of their App livefeed, and a new model. I am happy you are getting the refund, we are. and hope that Hero 11 creators kit is going to get all the fun on vacation, You and the family of course. take some time to learn it before heading out and you be enjoying for years to come

Happy Filming

· Registered
1 Posts
The issue I found is what we all have I assume. I set everything to manual, flat profile, linear, high bitrate. The files coming out of the camera are the same ish size no matter what fps/resolution. I'm in PAL area so using 25/50/100 fps. Then, all looks alright but 4k 50 which looks like very low bitrate. I didn't test all the modes yet but for now it looks only 4k50 is flawed. at 100fps it's normal again

4k50:
Wood Road surface Grass Gas Flooring

then at 4k 100fps it looks like that:
Wood Plant Grass Automotive tire Gas

and for reference - 2.7k 50fps on Hero 7 black which IMO has the most natural look. 11 is oversharpened by a lot, and what is interesting, when the sharpening is set to LOW, it looks way softer than the image from hero 7.

Wood Plant Land lot Brickwork Brick

Also, if I set up the mini to 2.7k - it looks about the same as 4k100, but the file size is about the same, and 2x bigger than from hero7. 4k50 is also same size (2x bigger than from hero7).
Anyone noticed those?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts