GoPro Forums banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Administrator
2,876 Posts
SanDisk Extreme cards are fine - and recommended by GoPro. In fact GoPro supply a free card with the GoPro Subscription bundle - a 32GB SanDisk Extreme (non-Pro)!
Unless you have a clone/fake card, the card performance should be fine......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for all the responses + support.

Overnight, I continued to try to troubleshoot the unit by factory resetting the camera, formatting the SDcard in my computer and in the GoPro, and even swapping batteries (which should not be a factor in the least, but I have seen strange things before...). This morning, I went to take it off the charger and the charge light didn't go off after I unplugged it. The buttons were unresponsive until I pulled the battery out and put it back in. At this point, I was close to deducing the camera was the primary factor.

Thankfully, I produce both an automotive media platform and cannabis educational media, and I am moving to GoPros to upgrade the cameras.I actually bought a second Hero 10 just 2 days after the first one and now I looked to test the cards to see what is going on.

I ran into so many immediate issues with Camera #1 that I didn't even get to unboxing Camera #2. I haven't used GoPros a ton, so I did have to consider that my lack of experience was a factor. I ended up charging up the second camera this morning, put the SanDisk Extreme Plus into it (without formatting), and gave it the 1.10 update. Once it was all ready, I slapped record and it went without issue to over ten minutes solid video no problems. I stopped it, inspected the physical unit as well as surfing through the settings to see if anything was different between the two - and everything was the same.

The only difference was that Camera #1 sucks bad. I went to Best Buy and Exchanged it as defective for a fresh unit (camera #3) which is currently charging and looking like a winner. After having recorded just a smidge with Camera #2 and the NEW Camera #3, I can say that I am relieved after a half a week of digital madness. I am going to record over the next few days, and I'll be sure to report if I run into anything worth noting.

BTW, I think I'm addicted to Snap Mounts. Honestly, it has been making the process of camera-swapping incredibly simple and satisfying.

·
Administrator
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well gopro has to go through a few days of use, and they troubles slowly go away, my 2nd camera 70 plus shots today 56% power used that be about 30 minutes of videos Lol not a single issue at all but one, dam steps, made the mount slip down and Hypersmooth 4.0 was AWESOME

·
Registered
2 Posts
When i connect hero 10 to usb wall plug to do a nightlapse photo, the screen turns off but the timelapse seems to continue. Annoying but surely a bug, caught a glimpse that says battery below 0 deg which is impossible with no battery inside. Seems to be an issue across photo/ video/ timelapse shooting modes.

With battery, screen stays on without issues. Pls fix! ty

·
Administrator
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
your bat is removed, screen will conserve power, and of course its saying no battery in, which really says 0 degree, and something a lil more than that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
your bat is removed, screen will conserve power, and of course its saying no battery in, which really says 0 degree, and something a lil more than that.
Clearly it's a bug because this doesn't happen with hero 9 with similar settings of screen saver turned off etc. I think u should stop giving bad and inaccurate advice if u aren't sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Brand new Hero 10 opened today. Installed a Lexar 1066x 512gb micro SD and charged a battery. When I turned the camera off it freezes the video feed and stays on the powering down animation forever. I thought it was firmware so I updated it. Still happened. Then I tried the 32gb Sandisk Micro SD that came with it. Still occurs. I then removed the card and tried with no card. Still occurs. It is more frequent though with the SD card then without (as in at 50% of power off freeze with card, 25% without any card it freezes)

Also looks like one dud battery as one charged in the 2-3 hours but the other has not charged after 5. Have put my third battery on to see if it charges before the second of the original two

Edit:
Contacted support, they are replacing the unit

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m constantly getting overheating issues, no matter which resolution I record in and I keep getting SD card error and need to reset the card daily losing everything I recorded. I’m using a 64gb SanDisk card purchased with the GoPro on their site and a SanDisk Extreme 256gb. Both get the same issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Howdy folks, just joined to get folks perspective. I have been a long time GoPro user and have been an owner of 10+ cameras over the years, along with various other types of cameras. I currently have 5 GoPros, through Hero7 and recently bought the Hero10 given all the changes since the 7. With all my experience using GoPros and other cameras, I have NEVER encountered this issue before. I have only owned this Hero10 for 2 weeks now, but over this time the camera has frozen multiple times after stopping a recording. This has happened before with other Hero models I own and I normally just do a hard reset by removing the battery and worked flawlessly with getting back up and running again with no loss in data. However with the HERO10, when this happens, it corrupts/deletes the existing videos. It appears that the videos are still on the card, since the free space on the card implies there are files on it but when I try to view the files on the camera or PC, nothing pops up. I am in process of trying ot recover the files using software on the last card this happened but it's very frustrating. I am in constant fear that any footage I record, will inadvertently be lost in the near future unless I transfer it off the camera/card. Contacted GoPro and only recommendation was to manually load the latest firmware. I'm waffling with whether to return the camera and get another one to see if it's a camera issue OR to just return the bloody thing. This has happened on multiple cards already, both new and used (which have never had any issues with) with varying types (64GB, 128GB and 256GB) across the SanDisk Extreme and Extreme PRO versions. Any thoughts on what the issue could be? I will try what GoPro suggested and test it out over the next 1-2 weeks but figured I'd try and research it on the internet as well. Appreciate any feedback!

·
Administrator
2,876 Posts
Howdy folks, just joined to get folks perspective. I have been a long time GoPro user and have been an owner of 10+ cameras over the years, along with various other types of cameras. I currently have 5 GoPros, through Hero7 and recently bought the Hero10 given all the changes since the 7. With all my experience using GoPros and other cameras, I have NEVER encountered this issue before. I have only owned this Hero10 for 2 weeks now, but over this time the camera has frozen multiple times after stopping a recording. This has happened before with other Hero models I own and I normally just do a hard reset by removing the battery and worked flawlessly with getting back up and running again with no loss in data. However with the HERO10, when this happens, it corrupts/deletes the existing videos. It appears that the videos are still on the card, since the free space on the card implies there are files on it but when I try to view the files on the camera or PC, nothing pops up. I am in process of trying ot recover the files using software on the last card this happened but it's very frustrating. I am in constant fear that any footage I record, will inadvertently be lost in the near future unless I transfer it off the camera/card. Contacted GoPro and only recommendation was to manually load the latest firmware. I'm waffling with whether to return the camera and get another one to see if it's a camera issue OR to just return the bloody thing. This has happened on multiple cards already, both new and used (which have never had any issues with) with varying types (64GB, 128GB and 256GB) across the SanDisk Extreme and Extreme PRO versions. Any thoughts on what the issue could be? I will try what GoPro suggested and test it out over the next 1-2 weeks but figured I'd try and research it on the internet as well. Appreciate any feedback!
If you are still in your return period I'd have this exchanged asap.....
You shouldn't need to mess about with a camera like this in order to get it working, especially with how much it costs. Exchange it for another unit.....

·
Administrator
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I wen through Four GoPro Hero 10’s Four, the list of issues are endless each camer did something different and random, I never had your issue but I heard others with the same shot footage and lost the footage.

my Adivice: Bought at gopro.com do not exchange the camera. Get a full refund, make sure the funds are back. Then repurchase,why? If you exchange for a replacement,your 30 days will be expired for any future return, due to the lost time of sending it in and returned to you you said nov11 about two weeks well exchange it and byDec 11 return policy is over, take up to 5 days each way to ship and about a week to process

remember the reset mode on long press 15 seconds , to reboot. 35 for a reboot as well, then pulling the bat out. maybe Why it may not repair a file if crashed

·
Administrator
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thanks for the advice, that's what I was thinking as well. I'll just return it and try another unit. But if that fails as well, I'm done with GoPro until the next iteration, hopefully they'll work out all the bugs by then...
why I purchase mine at a real store, so if I ran into issues I had no problem on a walk in. All gopros are going to have a issue, if you like it or not I find that they will never work 100% out of a box like a Sony

Reactions: PolishTriathlete

·
Registered
3 Posts
why I purchase mine at a real store, so if I ran into issues I had no problem on a walk in. All gopros are going to have a issue, if you like it or not I find that they will never work 100% out of a box like a Sony
Agree, these cameras will never work 100% and I've enjoyed them tremendously over the years. I have been willing to overlook the various flaws with each one, and for the most part have not been too bad to deal with and never had to return a GoPro before (maybe just lucky...). However this latest one is a doozy!!

·
Administrator
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Agree, these cameras will never work 100% and I've enjoyed them tremendously over the years. I have been willing to overlook the various flaws with each one, and for the most part have not been too bad to deal with and never had to return a GoPro before (maybe just lucky...). However this latest one is a doozy!!
Amen today a lot of people are realizing that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello good day folks,

I just want to share my issue with latest firmware V1.16.

To start, I do everything on my android phone from capturing to editing videos to post on social media platforms. Then I got a GoPro Hero 10 Black to add to my arsenal.

Okay, first boot up, immediately updated to the V1.10 and have been happily using the camera until the V1.16 firmware was released. Bought and used since release day of the GPH10.

The Issue:
On V1.10 every resolution and fps works flawlessly, no issues and happy using the camera (Except 5.3k resolution, my phone's not that capable but still powerful for 4k rendering)

My experience with the V1.16:
[email protected] all fps ~
no issues
[email protected] ~ no issues
[email protected] ~ phone says unsupported file on all of my editing apps, but can playback normally on the gallery (worked fine and editable on V1.10)
X4k ~ same with 2.7k, all fps works fine but not editable for 120fps (editable and worked on V1.10)
[email protected] ~ not editable but can be plabacked just laggy (I can understand this cause my phone isn't top of the line but still capable but)

The app I use the most for slomotion effects is Speed Ramp because it's the easiest editor with the smoothest output rendering I can find for android and it's free.

Now, I don't know if this a bug or just a marketing strategy to force me to use the Quik app to edit my slomotion videos and pay the subscription.

Having a laptop or PC is not an option for my situation.

-SD Card is Sandisk Extreme V30 capable
-Already tried formatting the camera and SD Card
-Same protune setup from V1.10

UPDATE : 12/04/21 Thanks to Mr. Fish's link for the original firmware, I had reverted back to it. 2.7k120 & 240fps-4k120fps is now supported again. Presets menu is a lot cleaner again, just please let us users have the option to delete unnecessary presets, it just clutters the menu.

·
Administrator
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
FW 1.20. Media Mod. Pulled off charger, placed into media Mod. Quickcapture shot 20 clips all no sound (I know if I caught it on the first clip I correct my issue).

After finishing the file transfer, I shut down the camera, it finished charging. grabbed camera 1.5 hours later it was stuck in an On stage till I forced boot. 54% charged now

On charger with Media mod. will repeat the quick capture record and see if the sound will work

I should have documented all my gopro issues, ALL~!

·
Administrator
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Clipping:

Fw 1.30, Oh I made sure to press QuickCapture early, see the kid think of his move, tell the girl, and he was ready to skim the wall. where did the gopro start, you bet when he was on the wall . I now 100,000% can say it clips the start as well the end at random times

·
Registered
2 Posts
"All Issues and Troubles" so here goes. Had my Gopro 10 for 3 weeks and love so much about it! I use it with a powerbank for paragliding. Jaw dropping images, but I have found two issues so far.
First if you connect the camera to 5v 2a sources as recommended, (Anker powerbank and Nokia phone charger), without a battery installed, the camera comes up with 'not enough power' message and forces shutdown. Many others, including myself who had the same problem, previously posted at, -
https://community.gopro.com/t5/Came...our-issue/m-p/1430890/highlight/false#M239455
Which seems to have been taken down since 23rd Feb, at least for me in the UK. Does this link work for you?

Second issue, is that if you use other than the supplied gopro usb c cable to charge the battery in camera from a 'fast charge' enabled source, the camera overheats, stops charging randomly, and is hard to 'wake up' afterwards. This issue has again flagged up by many, including myself, and discussed in depth at -
https://community.gopro.com/t5/Came...hile-charging-and-stops-charging/td-p/1289247
This also has disappeared since 23rd Feb. Again, does it work for you?
If these links work for everyone else, then it seem reasonable to assume that I, and maybe other 'vocal' forum users may have been 'blocked' in some way. On the other hand, If the links don't work for you, maybe the website is 'broken', or some sort of 'censorship' of our concerns is taking place, - criticisms Gopro don't like just being taken down. Many other 'Community Gopro' links are also not working since 23rd Feb., - at least for me.

I am very much a 'newbie' to Gopro, but my understanding from reading Community Forum pages, before they 'disappeared', is that many of us are having similar issues with our Gopro 10s, likely resulting from 'buggy' firmware 1.30. Many of us on these links have already asked Gopro to address these, but maybe they just want us to go away?! Or am I just being paranoid!

21 - 40 of 57 Posts