GoPro Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
2,878 Posts
SanDisk Extreme cards are fine - and recommended by GoPro. In fact GoPro supply a free card with the GoPro Subscription bundle - a 32GB SanDisk Extreme (non-Pro)!
Unless you have a clone/fake card, the card performance should be fine......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for all the responses + support.

Overnight, I continued to try to troubleshoot the unit by factory resetting the camera, formatting the SDcard in my computer and in the GoPro, and even swapping batteries (which should not be a factor in the least, but I have seen strange things before...). This morning, I went to take it off the charger and the charge light didn't go off after I unplugged it. The buttons were unresponsive until I pulled the battery out and put it back in. At this point, I was close to deducing the camera was the primary factor.

Thankfully, I produce both an automotive media platform and cannabis educational media, and I am moving to GoPros to upgrade the cameras.I actually bought a second Hero 10 just 2 days after the first one and now I looked to test the cards to see what is going on.

I ran into so many immediate issues with Camera #1 that I didn't even get to unboxing Camera #2. I haven't used GoPros a ton, so I did have to consider that my lack of experience was a factor. I ended up charging up the second camera this morning, put the SanDisk Extreme Plus into it (without formatting), and gave it the 1.10 update. Once it was all ready, I slapped record and it went without issue to over ten minutes solid video no problems. I stopped it, inspected the physical unit as well as surfing through the settings to see if anything was different between the two - and everything was the same.

The only difference was that Camera #1 sucks bad. I went to Best Buy and Exchanged it as defective for a fresh unit (camera #3) which is currently charging and looking like a winner. After having recorded just a smidge with Camera #2 and the NEW Camera #3, I can say that I am relieved after a half a week of digital madness. I am going to record over the next few days, and I'll be sure to report if I run into anything worth noting.

BTW, I think I'm addicted to Snap Mounts. Honestly, it has been making the process of camera-swapping incredibly simple and satisfying.

·
Administrator
9,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well gopro has to go through a few days of use, and they troubles slowly go away, my 2nd camera 70 plus shots today 56% power used that be about 30 minutes of videos Lol not a single issue at all but one, dam steps, made the mount slip down and Hypersmooth 4.0 was AWESOME

·
Registered
2 Posts
When i connect hero 10 to usb wall plug to do a nightlapse photo, the screen turns off but the timelapse seems to continue. Annoying but surely a bug, caught a glimpse that says battery below 0 deg which is impossible with no battery inside. Seems to be an issue across photo/ video/ timelapse shooting modes.

With battery, screen stays on without issues. Pls fix! ty

·
Administrator
9,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
your bat is removed, screen will conserve power, and of course its saying no battery in, which really says 0 degree, and something a lil more than that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
your bat is removed, screen will conserve power, and of course its saying no battery in, which really says 0 degree, and something a lil more than that.
Clearly it's a bug because this doesn't happen with hero 9 with similar settings of screen saver turned off etc. I think u should stop giving bad and inaccurate advice if u aren't sure.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts