GoPro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have just received my new gopro hero 9 today, after downloading the gopro app and viewing some of the photo's I have taken on my phone I'm shocked at the poor quality of the photos. The gopro is set at a high setting (20mp) but the photo quality is atrocious. Is this just because I'm using the app? The quality of the photo/ videos looks so much better on the advert. My phone is the latest Samsung and is 4k compatible so I know its not my phone.
Thanks

·
Administrator
9,554 Posts
what does it look like off the camera to a computer?

·
Registered
483 Posts
it will help if you share some example images in case you got faulty unit.
My first 9 had terribly soft (out of focus) image, replacement unit is not much better but its acceptable now.
But yeah, dont expect wonders, advertisement photos are heavily edited. you need extreme amount of light to get decent pictures out of it.

·
Administrator
9,554 Posts
I never had a perfect shot with a GoPro photo, never. and was on Vacation. Agree lets see some examples, load to the computer in the post drag & drop, can not be any easier than that here

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So when viewing images from the go pro app. It only uses a low res preview after some messing around and downloading the image to my phone its much better. I still wouldnt say its 4k but it has improved a lot. Thanks

·
Administrator
9,554 Posts
Gopro app does say low res shot on its app.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gopro app does say low res shot on its app.
Guys what do you expect go buy a camera for photos I think it’s best when taking a video not photos well I never tried photos . I have too many cameras pro like Sony a9II ETC BUT THE LITTLE TOYS ARE FOR when I am lazy to take a video only thx

·
Administrator
9,554 Posts
A gopro is for Action, I use it for about anything I can get it to d. knowing its not going to be perfection.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts