GoPro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Can you tell me if exists gimbal for gopro hero 9 black?
Kind regards

·
Administrator
9,554 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to buy something like a crane M2 or iSteady Pro 3

·
Administrator
9,554 Posts
Then by all means start looking if its not available, you got to be creative.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This didn't help me.
If I wanted to be creative I think I could be.
I would like something compatible with gopro hero 9 black.

·
Administrator
2,856 Posts
What kind of video will you be shooting??
I found a gimbal was no longer required ever since the Hero 8.....

There is no gimbal specifically for the Hero 9 black - seems like most manufacturers are giving up on GoPro gimbals now considering the in camera stabilisation. You may need to find a generic gimbal that will allow the Hero 9 to fit, or at least be strapped in......

·
Administrator
9,554 Posts
@BMN

I get a gimbal and be creative in making your own adapter. with aluminum,

·
Administrator
9,554 Posts
Just to let you know Please help me (title) really does not capture the attention to your wanting a product.

so when I said be creative, here is what I mean

Reactions: Ifti

·
Registered
10 Posts
I recently purchased a isteady for my GP8 & already sent it back. It is a hassle to use but what prompted me to return was it did not do the main thing I was after in purchasing it in the first place. It has 4 modes . Mode 4 would allow it to do a 360 spin by pressing the button. The problem was it would not hold the camera or lock the camera from tilting front to back when you spun it. So in other words the camera could tilt to the sky or ground during the spin. I mean all they would have had to do is program the software to lock the front to back tilt & it would have worked. Like others have said 8-9 very questionable if you actually need it. Its not convenient to use & it has a learning curve to extract much benefit from it.

·
Administrator
9,554 Posts
With what I shown:

and what you said, sounds like weak motor or heavy camera causing a strain, why the camera failed to hold the mode.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I dunno, I just assumed it wasn't software programmed to hold. It was just a gopro 8 with no extras on it. Since they sell it for a GP8 you would assume the camera was not to heavy for the gimbal to handle. In Mode 1 it held the camera fine from rocking, so I beats me. It is a different unit than the one in your video. They refunded with no issues & I'm still pretty new at this so I have a ways to go before I'll be sweatin the details of a small gain one of those produce vs the other areas of producing a quality interesting video I need to work on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
TO ad a PS to the isteady Gimbal- I had already bought a Hard case Vlogging protective cover for my GP8 & it was one that uses 52mm round lens protector & or 52mm ND filters. I also bought the quick snap over corner cover( rubberized) to use with these 52mm covers and & ND filters. You cannot use these with this Gimbal as you do not have the room on the front side of the camera due to how the gimbal secures your camera on the front side with a strap. I can't say for sure if you can even use the square snap over filters as I had none to try. For sure the round 52mm ones won't work with the strap down system of this gimbal.

·
Administrator
9,554 Posts
With Gimbals, the start with gopro and Feiyu the problem is the Mic locations. at times you had to take the next model, and simply place in upside down. that was my experience with the G4, Hero 5, 6, mics same spot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Zhiyun Crane M2 is one of the best gimbals for GoPro hero 9. The Pan Follow mode (PF) will let the camera pan along as you change its direction, while the Lock Mode (L) will lock the camera direction. The follow mode (F) will follow the movement, and to take those highly popular barrel shots, there is a Vortex Mode (V). Plus, the Go Mode(G) is to capture the fast movement without losing any bits, and the POV mode (POV) for 360 degrees synchronous movement.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts