GoPro Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had made a backpack mount that works really well. I found the backpack at the Salvation Army store for about $3 bucks. I modified the extendable handle on the back of the backpack and attached my GoPro to a mount there. I say it worked well, but the next day I was at another Goodwill store and found what is called a PacBack. It is sort of a backpack that is used to carry a car seat for a baby. Any rate, the velcro straps easily secured my extendable monopod, so it too works great. Spent about $9 bucks on buying the pacback. Here is a clip of it in use. Winds were about 25-35 MPH today, so it was windy, for sure. I like using this mod for doing some swivel effects, like in the clip. It is an easy mod, as there is really no pvc or bracing involved with it. Head out to the local thrift stores in your area and see what can be modified there. Backpacks are very cheap, it appears.

Here are the essential steps in making the mod. The very last pic in this flickr set is my brand new Ram Mount. A very nice mod. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/sets/72157628028548839/

1 - 1 of 1 Posts