GoPro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my hubby has talked about wanting a drone for months now and I want to get him one but have NO idea what I should be looking for. I want to get him a good one! I do have some kind of a budget so I was really hoping you all could give me some answers. Last year I bought him a gopro camera. I think it is the hero 3 and I think its the silver... Its what ever was out last year and the second to the most expensive one. He uses it all the time and has gotten several accessories for it. I have been seeing some things about a phantom? plz give me any information you can! Thank you so much!!

·
Administrator
10,370 Posts
DJI.com. has a few good crafts, they come with just about everything you need to get started. Also keep in mind of the newer models, to be released, will be quite expensive. I suggest reading up, and deciding if you are going to invest into this hobby for the fun, or for the long haul. Easy come, easy go, you can lose everything you invest , in a heart beat.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays, best of wishes to your decision.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have the first version of the Phantom 2 combined with a Zenmuse two axis gimbal and a Hero 3 Black makes an enjoyable combination. Consistent flying and reliable.

The new version of the Phantom 2 is even better with a three axis gimbal.

I might suggest calling Atlanta Hobby or B&H Photo and speaking with a person. That may not be possible with DJI. Customer service is so important when buying a multi-rotor and attaching an expensive camera. Discuss First Person View with them, but allow your husband to make that FPV purchase. He may have a preference or a leaning towards a specific setup or brand. The Phantom2 and Zenmuse 3 axis gimbal are a common matched set.

Look for deals with "free" items like batteries.

·
Administrator
10,370 Posts
Since we here ara a Gopro forum, and your best place to get better results will be at Rcgroups a place catered to all RC hobbies. B & H photo will be more to a Photo and video they do not cater to rc hobbies, they are a camera shop , that supply the quad. Anyone will be more than happy to sell you a product but rcg will be more the place to get you going.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts