GoPro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Approximately 5-10% of my captured videos during every session are not recorded/ saved.

I use one button recording for capturing my footage. The files that fail will begin recording no problem. When I go to end the recording I press the button and the GoPro beeps once, however it will wait a further 30 seconds or so for the 5 beeps to be heard which it then shuts itself off. When I inspect these files on the PC they are present but only 50kb or so. Normally the 5 beeps are heard only seconds after the button is pressed to end the recording And shut off the GoPro.

The memory card I use is a 32GB Sandisk Extreme that was shipped with the unit direct from GoPro.

Anyone else having these recording issues? Very annoying when the unit doesn’t shut off right away after ending the recording and you know you’ve just lost that video GRRRR!

I haven’t as yet tried another memory card but I will endevour to try that next to see if that resolves the issue.

·
Administrator
9,554 Posts
I go with a new SDXC card, that is what your issue sounds like the card given is not the best. its a promotion card, I use Samsung cards no issue here . if I can get a hero 9 I would but all my hard work here was not good enough for the site to help out (lol).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So after a few hours of my life doing some trial and error I have come to the conclusion the issue is a firmware bug.
I changed the SD card and continued to receive the same problem with around 10% of the recordings. I noticed that the video would freeze after the initial beep on operation of the “one button” mode. So it is possible to know if your footage is lost before you continue with whatever you are capturing.
So I thought the issue could be writing of the video to the card in “high bit rate”. I dropped the quality down to “standard” however the same issue continued. Next I dropped from 4K to 1080P and now the one button function worked flawlessly without any lock ups. I’m now thinking that both the cards I’m using are not fast enough to receive the data and locking the GoPro up. To confirm this I raised the resolution to 5K and believe it or not the one button mode also worked flawless with both cards, no lock ups at all.
Now to be clear the problem will only happen in 4K and using One Button mode. If I record on/off with the GoPro powered on in normal mode and in 4K it will also work flawlessly.
So the issue must be a firmware problem with 4K and One Button Mode.
I will just have to record in 5K until it is resolved in a firmware update however without Superview as that’s not available in 5K.

·
Administrator
9,554 Posts
Hero 9 firmware you are on the latest, if you backed up the latter you revert the same way you updated manually.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts