GoPro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
just found my dad's old goPro Hero and it works fine. The battery though, seems to have lived past its prime as its depletes in 15 minutes and heats like crazy.

Should I buy a new battery or is it more cost effective to just get a new camera (living in Portugal) ? I still have all his underwater setup for the camera with casing, handles, the whole pack.
Are these first models compatible with the newer batteries? I can't seem to find that information online.

Thanks in advance
Cheers
João

·
Registered
370 Posts
you dont mention which gopro it is. nevertheless, you should still be able to order some batteries from china, which will work great. but the image quality is much worse then in new models so i wouldnt bother and would get myself used hero7 instead

·
Administrator
9,272 Posts
bats are cheap. get a new one. then decide about the future of a camera per section will be the camera Hero & hero +

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you dont mention which gopro it is. nevertheless, you should still be able to order some batteries from china, which will work great. but the image quality is much worse then in new models so i wouldnt bother and would get myself used hero7 instead
Hi, thanks for the quick reply.
It's the very first model.
I'll probably try and get from there then. I think I can get some here for 17 euros on a popular store. Probably can get cheaper from China
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts