GoPro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just purchased a new chesty from a GoPro retailer here in Europe, Romania, but when I got it, I noticed it's slightly different from the classic official one that I've seen everybody using, including on the GoPro website. There is a significant difference in the buckle construction which looks to be less durable since it has a cutout in the middle and it's directly attached to the strap. Another thing is that it didn't come with a J-hook that I was expecting and has a sort of grey quick release plate that I haven't seen before, and also couldn't find one picture with it. I also noticed most chest mounts come with a nice stuff sack, but mine just came sealed in a plastic box.

Has anybody seen this version of the Chesty? Is it an improved version over the original? Is it better is it worse? I was initially worried it might be fake. I don't know.

Here are the pics, and I haven't got it out of the box since I'm unsure if should I keep it or get it back, and get the "classic" one from a different retailer.

Pics: imgur.com/a/fBBxj

I would appreciate any feedback.
Many thanks,
Marco

·
Administrator
8,936 Posts
The pkg is by GoPro, and the buckle with the rubber insert are the newly designed one's I have after market one and that is not aftermarket. What makes you think it is after market, or counterfeit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pkg is by GoPro, and the buckle with the rubber insert are the newly designed one's I have after market one and that is not aftermarket. What makes you think it is after market, or counterfeit?
Well, yeah the packaging is GoPro and everything seems not aftermarket, however I haven't seen any picture, comments, info.. etc with it or the new rubber buckle. Should have updated the pic on their website at least. It has very distinguishable differences from the original, hence my thought on aftermarket.

If it's a new design then I take it as it is, just wanted to see if anybody else got this new version and if any noticeable differences in stability over the old one or aftermarket ones.

·
Administrator
8,936 Posts
those buckle clips been around since 2014 or so

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I thought they were a new addition, since I haven't seen it on other people's harness or other mounts. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah,

This is a legit harness. I just saw the same one in my store here. The rubber clips helps prevent the camera from popping out of it's mounts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts