GoPro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For use on my sailboat, I was considering getting a new GoPro to supplement my Hero4.

The Hero 4 is fine for my purposes, but Go Pro has discontinued the battery for it. So the one I had to purchase off Ebay may be the last I'll be able to get. :frown:

As a marketing tactic, discontinuing support for a 3 year old camera is unethical to put it mildly.

Canon makes a rugged camera which will do fine and they are a company who does not treat their customers with contempt.

·
Administrator
9,726 Posts
Thank you for Joining the site and moved your topic to the Hero 4 section:

Hero 5 came out in Oct 2018. so yes the Hero 4 stopped being made it has been in production for a food 5 years.

you may still find hero 4 batteries just not their brand

If you like sign out check the link if you can not see while signed in at Amazon there are quite a few people

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=gopro+hero+4+battery&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Smatree tell them I sent ya.

Reactions: zedmark

·
Registered
396 Posts
like Fish said, there are quite few brands that make quality batteries, some even better than oem ones. no need to worry

Reactions: Fish

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is truly a non-issue. As others mentioned, the third party batteries from Smatree and Wasabi last longer and are a fraction of the price.

So don't get too bent out of shape. Grab some cheap alternatives and enjoy your quality camera. I have a 4 black still as a secondary cam, and it works fine.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts