GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, since the last camera update of GoPro Hero 8 I only see a black screen on my smartphone (Android) after connecting the camera to the app.
I see the icons for controlling the camera on the smartphone and they work, but I don't see the preview image of the camera. Does anyone know advice? Thanks in advance for your help. I've only had the camera for 2 weeks and never had a GoPro before, so I'm a complete newcomer to this field.

·
Administrator
10,061 Posts
You are saying the camera only works perfect?

If the gopro App preview is not showing any preview, in video mode profile standard at 1080P, then I reset the app, and camera wifi.
Smartphone:
1. Settings/bluetooth/ look for gopro there and forget device
2 Gopro app. press camera, press pencil. press the hero 8 and remove.
you can simply press home and close apps down.

GoPro camera:
1 swipe down , Prefrence/wireless connection. reset
2. Add new Device, press gopro App
you may to open gopro app and simply watch the camera set up your smartphone and done.

See if that fixed it? If it did not. You will needto go to gopro.com locate product page and grab the firmware by choosing hte camera, so tehsesteps are to be followed:

camera:
1 swipe to prefrence, scroll to about, and locate serial number. or look at the box.

Back to the gopro page https://gopro.com/en/us/support/product-update/register-camera More or less its the register page, plac in your seriel and a email. and the download page will appear. Download and remember where it saved to?
on the laptop and then the camera.:

1 find the zipfoldercalled UPDATE. open it. Open another window of a NEW FOLDER and rename it udate or UPDATE.

2. take the three or fourfiles in that zipfolder, and C/P to the folder you just created update.

3. grab the sdxc card place to the computer and Place in the update folder to the gopros driver not in any folder just in the white area. you will see DCIM, Misc, get... and gearfoler and now update.

4 take the sd xc card with the camere OFF place into the camera.

you are ready to update, PRESS mode or shuttter and place the camera DOWN do not touch it. Simply watch the update work its magix. 2 minutes it shoud take, most firmwares take a minute this one may take 3 mintes when its finished you will be back to the cameras working screen.

All that done you then can go ahead and retry the app. if it does not work then you know its Gopro and you may have to return the camera, for a new one at the retailer or where ever you got it.

any question I am here to help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Fish, I will try it tomorrow. Thank you very much for your help. Tomorrow I will tell you if I had success. Thanks a lot, Bernhard

·
Administrator
10,061 Posts
no sweat let the site know,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I managed to get the app working again.
The version 6.2.2 did not work with my smartphone and did not work anymore (black picture).
But in the Google Play Store I couldn't even see the GoPro App with my Smartphone!

Then I installed the app Aptoid for Android and searched and found the GoPro app via Aptoid. Version 6.4.1 and installed it via QR Code directly on the phone. Now everything works again. Thanks for your help.

Take care of you and your family and again many thanks.
Greetings from Germany

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I managed to get the app working again.
The version 6.2.2 did not work with my smartphone and did not work anymore (black picture).
But in the Google Play Store I couldn't even see the GoPro App with my Smartphone!

Then I installed the app Aptoid for Android and searched and found the GoPro app via Aptoid. Version 6.4.1 and installed it via QR Code directly on the phone. Now everything works again. Thanks for your help.

Take care of you and your family and again many thanks.
Greetings from Germany
I have a similar problem with the iPhone 11, everything works on the camera but I can't see the previous video?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts