GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, that's me! I am looking to buy my first GoPro. Looking at the Black 7. Looking for best package on Amazon Prime. Mainly going to use it for Kayak fishing and motorcycle trips. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Do I need the $80 remote?? Are most of the bundles just fluff? I'm assuming at least one extra battery...but what do I really need just to start out?? Is there a best Video for people like me who are clueless and have no problem saying so?

Thanks, in advance!!

Ric...

·
Registered
345 Posts
theres ton of videos on youtube about what you need to start, including tips for video shooting techniques and then video editing.

Dont take white or silver version, aim for black and if your budget wont allow for new one get used one. you'll definitely need second battery. but remote is totaly optional. Voice control is pretty good on 7 so you dont have to reach for it to start manualy in some scenarios
Also you should get one of those mount starter packs from china, they are pretty cheap and contain many mounts , extension bars and tools for a good start. dont worry about the quality, they are almost identical to expensive gopro ones

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you...

I'm wanting to go with Black 7 as it seems to have the latest upgrades. I asked about the remote because on my motorcycle the voice commands might not be heard. I would mount it in front of the windshield. Checking Amazon Prime for package deals....!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
yeah, you could use a remote on a motorcycle. safety first

·
Registered
17 Posts
I did use a remote on my motorcycle trip way back in 2010, just kept it on a lanyard around my neck, sometimes it showed up in the shot. could probably just use the phone app if it costs $80.
here's my vacation video from back then.. I used all my gear and stretched the camera capabilities too. good to have as many types of of mounts as you can get.

or watch my best motorcycle video from 2013, too lazy to have made another.. maybe this summer..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts