GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I'm new to Go Pro.... thinking of getting one to replace my now broken waterproof compact camera. I'm just doing some research on them first.

Main question I have, is if I use it for snorkelling with a dome and a floating handle of some sort.... is there a way to take a photo from the handle or do i have to have my hand on the actual camera shutter button? Same if using the longer poles for skiing, paragliding etc, can you somehow take photos? Or only video once running?

Many thanks

·
Administrator
9,930 Posts
Excellent questions:
camera has to be touched if in the water. the touchscreen is not going to be workable, you lock the screen then use the Mode on and shutter. For extended shots it is a Rc by gopro or other, or smartphone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I don’t expect to be able to use the touch screen underwater. What I’m interested in is if I can take photos (not video) with the camera away from my body? Basically on a selfie stick or similar? Is this possible? Does the Hero 8 (9 soon) link to a selfie stick via blue tooth or similar like a phone? Especially is this possible under water? Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok.... I’ve just seen the smart remote, so that’s an option, alternative to controls on stick handle.

·
Administrator
9,930 Posts
Gopro now has a self-timer you can set that up and position. their other option. only for the photo. they also need that for video too.

·
Administrator
2,935 Posts
Remember anything wireless, including the smart remote, will not work under water since wireless signals cannot travel through water. Your options are therefore very limited.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts