GoPro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've just joined this forum and hope to learn more about the Hero8 and how to fix the problems my camera has, or correct my usage to fix them!
I run a blog and YouTube vlog called No Second Season. Up to now I've used a Hero5 and was very happy with it, but after several big falls off my mountain bike, it has a few issues, so I treated myself to a Hero8.
I have to say I'm shocked at what a 'prototype' state the Hero8 has been released at, and more so, the 'couldn't care less' attitude of GoPro.
My problems are it won't charge properly and it keeps turning itself on.
I've got the v1.6 firmware and have done a factory reset, to no avail it still doesn't charge and still turns itself on.
If anyone could help with these issues it would be great!
Cheers
Angela

·
Administrator
2,898 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!
I would try another firmware install using the manual method from the GoPro website first and foremost.
Also reformat the memory card in the camera itself - sometimes a dodgy card can cause strange issues.
If you continue to have ether same issues it could be a faulty camera for which a warranty ticket may need to be raised.......

·
Administrator
9,795 Posts
Welcome aboard.

people found the app causes the triggering. I know for me to take things off and back on it will clear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi and welcome to the forum!
I would try another firmware install using the manual method from the GoPro website first and foremost.
Also reformat the memory card in the camera itself - sometimes a dodgy card can cause strange issues.
If you continue to have ether same issues it could be a faulty camera for which a warranty ticket may need to be raised.......
Unfortunately I'm already on my travels with no WiFi and little phone signal. Do you think reinstalling the same (latest) firmware would be ok?
Tbh from looking around it seems these are a common problems with the Hero8, and GoPro don't seem to have a fix.

·
Administrator
9,795 Posts
Sounds like you are totally new to gopro.

Remove the gopro App off your Smartphone. then go into your settings of the smartphone in bluetooth locate gopro3456 whatever the seria or name of the connection is and forget my device, then go to the camera to preference and factory reset.

go to GoPro website and manually get the firmware, take the folder UPDATE and place into the drivers sd card and.

start all over see if it comes on.

·
Administrator
2,898 Posts
Unfortunately I'm already on my travels with no WiFi and little phone signal. Do you think reinstalling the same (latest) firmware would be ok?
Tbh from looking around it seems these are a common problems with the Hero8, and GoPro don't seem to have a fix.
Wouldn't hurt to give it a shot ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi thanks for your reply. I've got the latest firmware v1.6, are you saying upload it again?

I've done a factory reset btw

Cheers
Angela

·
Administrator
9,795 Posts
Yes we're saying go get the firmware at gopro and refresh it on, manually.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts