GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals

Like the title says I am a newb that needs help choosing my first action cam. I have been reading up on them for a while and I am stuck on the fence about which one I should get.

I will be using the camera for basically everything except extreme sports. Going diving in the ocean, swimming in pools, dash cam on car and motorcycle, family events/vacations etc.

The following is the cameras that I had narrowed it down to:

Xiaomi Yi 4K - about $240 and from what I can see is the best overall camera
SJCam SJ7 - about $220 - $240 is probably equally as good as the Yi 4k but overheats and has problems
SJCam SJ6 - about $200 is a great camera but for $40 extra I may as well get a newer and better model

Of course if you have any other suggestions that I might have missed please feel free to share with me. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Chris

·
Administrator
9,466 Posts
two excellent examples shot with thegopro hero 5 black and showing and actual footage of a Yi camera so you got a choice. external mic etc....

·
Registered
378 Posts
why would you come to GOPRO forum asking what other camera you could get? :D

anyway, if you have the budget , get gopro . if not, Xiaomi YI or Xiaomi MIJIA 4k are great choice too

·
Administrator
9,466 Posts
Since we are in the Other camera section let me toss in the Yi Lite they added the touch screen. it is a nice choice to conceder? Also keep in mind a thread down is almost the same questions asked I will say do not forget to look into the Session Models.

FISH

·
Registered
1 Posts
Look at the garmin camera. A year or two back it was getting better reviews. I was looking. Kinda lost the itch.

·
Administrator
9,466 Posts
I am sure if the Op ever returns June,5 plus months later.... they got a camera already...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts