GoPro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note that the GoPro App has been updated.
The Hero3+ also has a new firmware update, putting it to 2.00.
No update for standards Hero3 just yet.

·
Administrator
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HERO3+ Black Edition - update 2.0
New video modes 1080p SuperView™ 60 fps and 1080p SuperView 50 fps
Auto Low Light settings for new video modes 1080p SuperView 60 fps and 1080p SuperView 50 fps
New Auto Low Light settings for higher frame rate video modes, including 960p100 fps, 720p120 fps, 720p100 fps and 720p SuperView 100 fps
Changes the Auto Low Light mode default setting to “On”
New advanced Protune™ controls for Color, ISO Limit, Sharpness and Exposure
Changes the Protune default settings for Color to "GoPro Color" and Sharpness to "High"

HERO3+ Silver Edition - update 2.0
Increases field of view (FOV) for all photo and video modes

All HERO3 cameras - update 3.0
Enables compatibility with new GoPro App features
Corrects HDMI TV preview from low res to high res
Fixes forced exposure lock on 0.5 and 1 second Time Lapse intervals
Optimizes compatibility with select microSD cards by reducing data stream rate to 35Mb/sec while recording in 4K, 2.7K and Protune modes (HERO3: Black Edition only)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hero 3+ Black update

Everyone, Just an FYI.
Been reports of the update bricking the camera if using the GoPro App to do the update. I did mine via the app and now the wifi does not work:mad:. I will be contacting GoPro support tomorrow and report back what I find. GoPro Hero 3+ Black 1213

·
Registered
2 Posts
I updated my Hero3 and Hero3+ yesterday and now I can not record on the Hero3+ in 1080P superview 30 fps for more than 9-11 sec clips, then it stops the recording
Normal 1080P 30 fps works fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I could only get my 3+ black to update using the app. sd card method failed every time. I've had no issues with the update so far

·
Administrator
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Updated all of my cameras via the wifi app and had no problems at all.
Although Ive read many reports of peoples cameras failing after a wifi update - may just update manually in future just in case! lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
How long should it take the GoPro to update? Mine has been flashing "updating" for a few hours now and I'm scared to reset it.

·
Administrator
9,369 Posts
How long should it take the GoPro to update? Mine has been flashing "updating" for a few hours now and I'm scared to reset it.

Could you explain more how you are updting

·
Registered
3 Posts
got it! I took the SD card out and formatted it on my computer; then put it back in the gopro. The Gopro gave me a SD Error so I formatted it in the gopro. Then I put it back in my computer and copied the files over to it.

Once I did that the camera updated fine in a couple of minutes.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts