GoPro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have just joined this forum as I have recently treated myself to the GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition

I am 23 from the Wirral, England, UK (the Wirral is inbetween Liverpool and Wales)

The main reason I found this page is that I bought the Suction Cup Mount for £30 yesterday, but noticed that it comes loose after around 5 minutes, It is the newer suction cup with the flatter base, I am pressing the centre section down, and keeping pressure on it while I secure the locking arm, and at first it is brilliant, but after 5 minutes I can just pick it up! I am not sure whether I should take the mount back and get a replacement, or get a chest mount.

The initial reson for buying the camera was to mount onto my motorbike

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, local lad eh! Im one of the Welshies from down the road :)

Right, im going to advise that your suction cup is defective, send or take it back, dont trust it on your bike, youre going to have a bad time ;) I use one of these on mine -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Handlebar...635?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c8115f033
Its fairly solid upto about a 100 miles per hour depending on where you clamp it, ive got mine usually on the engine bars.
What bike are you riding?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, Yeah I'm lucky where I live.. got Liverpool for the shops and nightlife and North Wales for the roads!

I will take it back tonight, so annoying, I was trying to read up whether this was a common fault, and all I found was that it happens on the old ones.

I have bought one of the grips you suggested (hope they are good)

I ride a Bandit 600 Mk2 (daily commuter/workhorse) but I have a yamaha Virago 535 project... and I am waiting on delivery of anoth virago 535 which I think I will use as spares for the project

What you got?

·
Registered
109 Posts
The grips are allright, what I do with that sort of thing is to buy a couple from different sellers/different manufacturers, theyre mostly all copies of the same design but quality control here can be better than quality control there.

I was a big suzi fan back in the day, GS550s and GSX750, had a few, the older road type bikes, I nearly bought a virago but she managed to get herself pregnant somehow :) So I had to wait until the kids had left (and her too) until I could get back on two wheels ;) Really wanted a Harley for the looks but didnt want the oil leaks and the speed of a cow so I found the Honda Super Magna's and now im a Magna Fanboy. Thinking of a Valkyrie for next year maybe.
Good luck with the virago project, any video on your channel of it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts