GoPro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Tiffen have announced a compact steadicam for the Gopro line up. The Steadicam Curve looks like its going to be amazing. I cant wait to get hold of one. But i wonder. How easy would it be to actually make your own version? Has anyone actually made one?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't know this guy, nor am I trying to promote his stuff, but this looks easy and cheap!
You can see from his results, the video looks really good too, especially when he is going up the stairs, THAT impressed ME. I need to make something like this.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not bad... Looks rather straight forward. The video looked smooth and was not tipping even as you said going up the stairs or running after his daughter. I might give this a try as it seems simple enough even for me. Don't think I will use the quick disconnect however.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Very cool and very smooth. Even going up the stairs looks like one fluid motion. Though it seems like an item for people who are in the film industry or aspire to be in it. I don't think it work for me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone else notice the up/down rocking? Like he was filming from a boat in the ocean. Seems like it would be great if you only want to look straight, but forget about pointing up or down while using the mount.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great vid ther jerry, looks good for home made kit, i guess the roll can be sorted later with mercalli. Its still a bit big though, i have been toying with the idea of machining my own in aluminium and allowing for a weight to be added and use he gimbal from a model helicopter rotor. Hmmm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts