GoPro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Quik app for android keeps freezing. Get the white screen of death pop up with info on "WHAT'S NEW" in the app. Hero5Black and Android both at current software versions. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times, finally able to connect for camera control and white screen freeze every time. Anyone else having this issue? Do you have to pay to use the app now or is Hero5Black no longer supported?

·
Registered
2 Posts
New Quik app for android keeps freezing. Get the white screen of death pop up with info on "WHAT'S NEW" in the app. Hero5Black and Android both at current software versions. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times, finally able to connect for camera control and white screen freeze every time. Anyone else having this issue? Do you have to pay to use the app now or is Hero5Black no longer supported?
I've had similar problems with my Hero 5 using the Quick App. I also uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times but it still no connection to the camera, or it would disconnect while downloading content.

I never solved this problem but it seems to work once I bought a better phone and a new GoPro.

I hope somebody can help you with this issue, especially the white screen of death.

Have you tried using a friends' phone to see if it works? Also, try using another GoPro on your to test your phone. if it's not your phone or GoPro, it has to be something concerning the software. Lots of people still use the Hero 5 so I doubt that it will no longer be supported.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts