GoPro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having purchased the Hero 9 last week I was delighted when it arrived. However, not only had GoPro taken the money for it from my bank account, but there was another payment parenting fro the exact same amount. This other pending payment means my bank won’t let me access funds in that bank account was because the pending payment takes me into the red. I only found this out when my card was declined at a service station. Imagine the embarrassment.Ii then contacted my bank and they confirmed the receipt for both payments was the exact same.
I tried contacting GoPro on Friday. to no avail. This meant that over the weekend I had no access to amy funds in that bank account. Finally, on Monday, someone from GoPro contacted me. She said this happened because of a new payment process they were employing and the payment pending should be removed some time within seven working days. I told her I had no money and no other company I’ve ever purchased anything online had ever left me with no money because they’d, in effect, taken or applied to take, two payments for the one item. She also said this process was used for everyone who purchased the Hero 9 last week. I find this hard to believe as no one else seems to have complained about it. Surely this isn’t sound practice. As I tried to explain my financial hardship because of this she just have a nice day and hung up the phone. To say I was stunned is a bit of an understatement. So, has everyone‘s purchase been processed the same way or not?

Kevin

·
Administrator
10,074 Posts
Sorry to hear this:

NoPro here. I do not use Bank accounts for paying online. GoPro auto system takes out what you submitted. Submit the order once. With GoPro, there are many stories, good and Bad?

For us it's Amazon, no hassles hope you get this straightened out

FISH

·
Administrator
3,000 Posts
Purchased my Hero 9 from GoPro direct.
I had two payments - one for the camera and one for the GoPro subscription (which I only purchased for the reduced camera price!).
Either way, I was only charged once for the camera, with no pending hold.

Seems to me like GoPro messed up and processed the payment twice. The pending payment is actually funds that are placed on hold pending removal and transfer to GoPro. After a set number of days if not taken it is released back onto your card/account as available funds. Sounds like GoPro just want you to wait as they will not take the funds, hence the hold will be released in due course by your bank.

Nothing much more you can do to speed up the process I'm afraid, but sounds like a mess up from GoPro's side when processing the order......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Me again. It’s now thirteen days since I bought the GoPro hero 9 and that second payment pending is still on my bank account preventing me from accessing funds in that account. I’m lucky enough to have access to other funds through loving family and friends, but what if this happened to some poor souls who really needed that money released? As for GoPro’s claim that this is the same for everyone? Well, I think we can all agree that just isn’t the case. So, join us again next week for another exciting instalment of Where’s Me Bleedin’ Money? 🙈

·
Administrator
3,000 Posts
Have you contacted GoPro again??
I would be rather frustrated by now!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, Ifti. Yes, I’ve contacted them again through the feedback system but haven’t heard back. I’ve also spoken to my bank who can’t do anything until/unless GoPro actually take the second payment. I’m past the frustration phase and have entered the finding it hilarious stage. Obviously I’ve lost all trust and confidence in GoPro’s (cough) customer service team. But I’m more concerned about the amount of rain falling just now preventing me from going out on the bike and filming myself going over the bars again. 😂😂🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I’m in the same boat with the pending payment. It dropped me in the red too so knackered me for the last 10 days.
I haven’t received anything from GoPro in a way if an explanation Via twitter or their official channels but apparently the bank cancels it after 14 days (I’m not holding my breath though).

·
Administrator
3,000 Posts
The Hero9 was the first time I ever ordered anything directly from the GoPro website, and that was only to take up the cheaper camera offer with the subscription.
Although my purchase seemed to go through without issue, after reading the above I wont be ordering from the site again!

@kevin2020 - any updates?? I assume the pending payment has been released now?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi! So sorry to hear about your dilemma. It took fifteen (15) days from initial purchase of the GoPro until the second pending payment disappeared from my bank account. I tried to contact GoPro several times to no avail. I‘ve just ordered Max Mod Lens from the GoPro site and...wait for it...payment is pending. However, this time I’m using PayPal Credit for the purchase so my bank account doesn’t get put into the red again should GoPro mame a mess of the transaction. Hope your situation gets sorted ASAP. 👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts