GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member. Just purchased a Hero 4 Silver last week. This is my first Gopro camera. I could afford to purchase the Black but I liked having the screen and the Silver will do the job. I purchased the Gopro for two reasons. The main purpose is to use it as a dash-cam replacement.

In 2007 I wanted to install a dash-cam in my car and I purchased a Chase Cam (Chasecam) PDR100 and the C52 Bullet camera along with various mounts. That equipment still works but it's just outdated. The Hero 4S seems to be a good a replacement. The only thing I don't like is the way the looping option works for video. When I am traveling by car I like to have the looping option enabled, but it does not stay enabled if the camera is turned off and back on. The manual does not address that.

And another reason I purchased this camera is a possible replacement for the camera in my Phantom 2 Vision-plus. But I'm a little concerned about the weight so I've some more research to do about that.

·
Administrator
9,297 Posts
If loop recording in important, then I get a different camera. I talked about the Mobius action cam. you can hide it, extend a lens, and do certain things that you can not do with the gopro, I see it as a budget cam.

For the DJI. CG works pretty well, wherever your gopro lies on it.

Welcome aboard and enjoy thesite

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there.

New to GOPRO H4SE here. Just got mine 2 days ago. Still working and learning on how to properly use it with my daily ride from home to work.

Hope I can get useful tips on this site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts