GoPro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
yes, . Im already 95% prepared to buy it, im just waiting for the 360 only package to be released, cause i dont need the 4k lens at all. and there is still the option to uprade afterwards. wireless mic compatibility, flowstate, so amazing.
I wanna see proper tests from youtubers first of course, but im in love already.

this is exactly what we have been asking from Gopro the whole time, but they didnt listen.

·
Administrator
2,846 Posts
I’m with you guys. I’ll be picking one up for sure! Again, more for the 360 camera but if the 4K camera stabilisation is good enough I could be tempted to sell my GoPro....... 😲

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not against Gopro. Please don't get me wrong here. I've read so many "Gopro killer" posts on every forum for years and figured they were overblown.

But Gopro hasn't paid sufficient attention to its market and that's been its failure, increasingly so. Though they've made strides, some of their changes haven't been necessary, others good, but have been surpassed by companies like Instaone in other markets.

I like the 360 angle (or in fact the infinite angles without having to move the camera itself to get them), but the gimicky stuff is nice only. However, this IS a very well thought out and executed overall machine that satisfies so many needs at once that it's impossible to ignore. And against Gopro 8 and Max - two expensive fixed use separate cameras - it's a game changer.

Likely to not only be constantly upgraded, where Instaone shines and Gopro falls, but also to be very upgradeable well into the future! Great now, better later? What a concept! Ya listenin', Nick?

·
Registered
374 Posts
exactly. i really hope they will keep making modules for it instead of releasing a whole new camera each year. it would be so much cheaper to just upgrade the main module for something more powerful and keep the lens and battery as long as you are satisfied with the resolution, etc.
cant wait till 14.jan when the embargo will be lifted so i can see some test footage and pros and cons. the flowstate is already at hero7b level if not better, so i woulnd worry about that.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I'm not sold on the idea. How long before "well actually to use the 6k lens you will need to buy a more powerful brain module as well" or even before they change the whole system anyway, they are already limiting all future camera's to being that size to continue using existing modules

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
Lego design, stackable batteries. and parts, camera alone can not run without the battery pack, but I did not hear it can be powered only? Insta360 1 inch sensor .

I like 360 but 360 is a Fad and if you can ultilize it as a regular camera but capturing it all that wins people over today. no more Panning stick and go.

What was the price in all for this Bad boy $800.00 Chump change after all options are exhausted

Insta360 Co-Engineered with Leica

I'll wait for the Additional Mods to come out and see

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sold on the idea. How long before "well actually to use the 6k lens you will need to buy a more powerful brain module as well" or even before they change the whole system anyway, they are already limiting all future camera's to being that size to continue using existing modules
Well, then you should be equally concerned about Gopro, who now have a history of doing just that several times. Only the "ecosystem" of mounting is stable and that is largely pushed and controlled by external suppliers anyway. This modular design facilitates changes that don't require complete replacements, rather than the opposite, IMO.

·
Registered
374 Posts
i got a little ahead of myself, i just finished watching review from ben schmanke and the video quality of 360 mod seems very dissapointing. I will have to wait for more comparison videos and for firmware updates, as this is still a pre-production version.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts