GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to GoPro and received a H3. Shot video only on recent trip. Now, can't access any of the files on my compute by direct connection to the cam, connected to usb port on tv...nada, and even tried using a card reader which show no files! HELP!
I have 2 cards with videos on them but can not access to try to transfer to my terabite mass storrage.
Any info will be greatly appreciated....

Thanks!
JessTex:confused:

·
Registered
109 Posts
have you tried connecting the hdmi direct to a tv and playing back the files via the gopro to verify that the files are actually there, its odd that the memory card reader didnt work

once ive had this problem with someone elses computer, as soon as the memory card were plugged into it all the files were erased, virus im guessing there :( however the files were salvagable using an undelete program

have you tried updating the hero3 to the latest firmware on your pc?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haven't tried the HDMI connection to TV...don't have a micro hdmi cable yet.
I was able to connect camera with sd card to another computer...accessed video(s) through "my computer". Using my gopro app on phone, it shows 7 video files but won't allow them to be viewed, "...file was created using pro-level settings. Copy media to computer for viewing."

I'll keep trying until I find a quick easy access.

Wes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tried to connect to GoPro Studio as an attempt to access and edit video files. No dice. When my PC tries to access the files through the USB connection, I get this dialog box pop-up.... "Disk is not formatted The disk in drive E is not formatted
Do you want to format it now?"
My answer is "No" for fear of losing all video files to a format process.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Me Too

Just recorded some great video I thought but I updated my camera the night before.... Now the only thing happening is it says ... will not play pro level settings... there is a big exclamation point on the preview boxes of the videos ... what gives ... anybody??:mad:

·
Administrator
2,844 Posts
Before shooting always format the card in your camera (not on computer)!

Which card are you using?
You may need to try a recover program to recover the corrupt files from the card.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.