GoPro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help please. I don’t know whicho GoPro to buy, the Hero 7 or the Hero 8. I can get the Hero 7 black brand new for £170 and the Hero 8 black also brand new for £180. The Hero 7 has a replaceable lens and that is a massive advantage but the Hero 8 only costs £10 more and is obviously the newer version. If I put some a lens protector will it truly protect the lens from any damage? Or do I have to buy a case for it? It’s a big dilemma any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
374 Posts
how often are you in a situation that you will risk your camera lens and will be in need of replacement?
if the lens is the only advantage and you genuinly need that for your extreme sports, then go for the 7. otherwise 8 will be slightly better for slightly more money

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how often are you in a situation that you will risk your camera lens and will be in need of replacement?
if the lens is the only advantage and you genuinly need that for your extreme sports, then go for the 7. otherwise 8 will be slightly better for slightly more money
I plan to use it for skiing and mountain biking, both attatched to the Chesty. I think I will get the Hero 8 and just buy the case for it, £50...

·
Administrator
9,356 Posts
As I agree with Jate. I wil lsay this:

Never broke a lens o nteh Gopro's and broke the one on the DJI. and the HEro 8 I have has the Tempered glass, am ust to have on it. the back tempered is broke, not the front. on a simple tap. and otehr crashes of an rc car lol. good luck in your choice?

·
Administrator
2,841 Posts
With such a small price difference I think its a no brainier. Get the 8.
Then get a cheap 3rd party protective housing. Don't spend £50 on the GoPro one. Its waste of money especially when the 3rd party cheaper alternatives do the same job. If you were to use it for deep diving then I'd say stick with the GoPro one. But if its just for lens protection, a 3rd party will do the same job, and a MUCH lower price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts