GoPro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally the new firmware is here :)
Although it does not mention anything about bug fixes/crashes, let's hope that the GoPro team has make its miracle.

You can find it here:
Firmware Release Information for all Products | GoPro Support

Or if you want to grab it with out any registration procedure:
http://cbcdn2.gopro.com/uploads/firmware-bundles/firmware_bundle/1918813/update.zip

HERO3: Black Edition
current firmware version: HD3.03.02.37
Wi-Fi version: 3.4.2.9
release date: 04/03/2012
Feature Enhancements:
FW version # is now visible on upon startup.
Narrow FOV 1080p30/1080p60 (Protune)
Narrow FOV 720p60 (Protune)
Medium FOV 720p60 (Protune)
Default start-up mode is now 960p48

·
Registered
29 Posts
Tried it. My problem with the camera intermittently stopping recording by itself in ProTune [email protected] still exists. Can't tell if it's a camera of card issue. I verified it's not a "fake" card anyway. It's a true Sandisk 64GB MicroSDXC Class 10 card.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally the new firmware is here :)
(...)
HERO3: Black Edition
current firmware version: HD3.03.02.37
Wi-Fi version: 3.4.2.9
release date: 04/03/2012
Feature Enhancements:
FW version # is now visible on upon startup.
Narrow FOV 1080p30/1080p60 (Protune)
Narrow FOV 720p60 (Protune)
Medium FOV 720p60 (Protune)
Default start-up mode is now 960p48
Is this the only changelog? :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wi-FI remote & one button setting

Wi-FI remote & one button setting bugs

Have the newest 02.37 update on 2 H3BE cameras and 3 remotes and the wifi remote still has the major bug of starting the recording but randomly not stopping it and freeze with the blinking light on the remote and sometimes disconnecting too ! It is horrible because it makes the remote (that comes with the BE to be useless)

And the 1 button settings has so many problems being the main one that it goes crazy and start recording 1 second videos while stopping and continuing !

PLEASE if someone has any information on these 2 major bugs or fixes that could work or help PLEASEEE reply

Thanks alot, Adam :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can someone help me please, for about 3 to 4 times my new gopro black was working when I connect to PC and now stop recognise USB, yes I did test on 2 more computers and yes I remove SD card and test on card reader, is anything I can do?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did you try different USB cable? I stopped using the cable that came with the Gopro for connecting cause it gave me troubles too, I only use it for charging.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just updated my HERO 3 Black to the latest firmware as well. Thanks for the heads up! I'm hoping this solves the random freezing issues upon powering the unit on.

BTW, did GoPro seriously release a firmware update with no changelog? Maybe I just missed it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just updated my HERO 3 Black to the latest firmware as well. Thanks for the heads up! I'm hoping this solves the random freezing issues upon powering the unit on.

BTW, did GoPro seriously release a firmware update with no changelog? Maybe I just missed it.
I've been using the new firmware for awhile and I no longer have any freezing issues. However the last time up snow skiing I tried my WiFi remote and I had major issues with it. But I can't replicate them at home so I'll save my rant until I can.

Interesting that GoPro never admitted that the freezing that so many of us were experience was a problem. But lo and behold, along comes an updated firmware that fixes the freezing but still nothing in the change log. It's a shame that GoPro doesn't keep us informed with their bug fixing because I'm constantly trash talking this camera to everyone I meet because of the many problems that I don't think will be fixed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed a new update came out April 24th which I made the update to. Does anyone know where GoPro lists out what has changed or added?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys, i have updated my go pro 3 today, just wondering if i need to update on both my sandisks or do i just need to update it on one and it will be stored in the camera itself. thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question for you all.

I downloaded The updated files for my new hero3 camera to my PC but after that I couldnt Find IT. Then I try to download again but the Gopro web site did not allow me to download again the files. what can I do to get the updated files and update the camera? Thanks!

·
Administrator
10,128 Posts
Trash talking because the cam did not work correctly for you. You have that right to express your opinion. I won't stop you. I rather have more come forward and talk about it Some forums will not tolerate negative feedback. And that is sad.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Question for you all.

I downloaded The updated files for my new hero3 camera to my PC but after that I couldnt Find IT. Then I try to download again but the Gopro web site did not allow me to download again the files. what can I do to get the updated files and update the camera? Thanks!
why can't you download it again?

you will get a much faster response by calling gopro directly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts