GoPro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just thought I would get everyone's thought on this new product I stumbled upon on Kickstarter. It's called GoSwivel360.

I have seen some DIY helmet 360 swivel mounts but lack the knowledge to build my own. Plus I don't want to drill into my helmet as many of these DIY videos tell you too.

I really like the perspective this mount delivers but wanted to get everyone's feedback on such a device. I don't plan to wear it everywhere I go with my GoPro but thought it would be a cool addition to my current mount list. However, I don't want to hurt myself and don't know how such a mount would behave if a fall was to occur. I know about the RotR helmet mount but it's simply out of my price range.

Any thoughts?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/104 ... gopro-came

·
Registered
110 Posts
There are several DIY examples on YouTube that work well and cost less to make. I made a couple of DIY swivel mounts for various helmets. I learned quickly that you have a learning curve to tilt you head to make it swivel at just the correct speed and angle you want. It didn't take long, but this is a mount that requires a bit of safety and forethought in use. I have caused some near crashes when other drivers got so interested in what was revolving about my head than what they need to be concentrating on in driving. Mine is a simple DIY project and not as complex as the one your posting about, but it was simple enough to make and to enjoy. I seldom use it at present, but like many other mounts I have, it is there whan I want to "give it a spin."

Another pic of my spinner helmet mod by coupe1942, on Flickr

There are many different ways to make such a DIY project. It is always good to see someone else's solution, too. Good luck in what you decide to do in making a DIY one or purchase of this one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts