GoPro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think these are both done on this slowmovideo open source program. I'll have to try it out, but it looks really complicated. Does anybody know of a simple to use program or plugin that can do these effects?

·
Administrator
9,147 Posts
in most editors, for magix it's called effects/speed.

vegas 12 right click on the scene on the time line and use ctrl and I think s o r x I forget. tillyou see a ~ in the highlight.

power director 11. I have to look.

so no special software is needed or a plug in. most the time you have to ungroup the video and separate the sound and you can slow the frames down.

Using 30fps video will have stutter, so shooting in 240fps will be a lot smoother. Imagine if you had a high speed camera,

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yup, what fishycomics said is correct.

That water/milk one is awesome but very difficult to replicate with a gopro. Reason being such a wide angle lens getting that close to the subject and controlling the lighting would be difficult. A longer lens with macro would make that much easier.

·
Administrator
9,147 Posts
1000 GPS high speed camera. A fee grand

updated Sony Rx100 Mark IV is960fps at 900.00 plus JUly 2015

·
Registered
434 Posts
some shots you see online are shot with high speed cameras and no go pros.

the FPS isn't high enough on the GoPro for certain kinds of visual effects.

·
Administrator
9,147 Posts
Magix 2013 Plus. I use a Kodak Playfull Dual Camera Zi12, does its job.

First video to me seems not the best in render, but the one below is identical in ways but crisper, just to show you...

·
Registered
21 Posts
The kid on the tire swing appears like it has some motion effects/Artifacts. Twixtor is a plugin that "interpolates" frames and adds them in to give a slow motion effect when there isn't enough frames to do so. I tested it out a couple years ago. You can see the artifacts in my video.

https://youtu.be/T-0uKrPRQoM

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pinnacle studio app for the ipad has an excellent slowmotion option...along with pan and zoom...you make make some pretty cool slo mo videos

1 - 10 of 10 Posts