Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm new to this site and to Gopro"s
Iv tried 8 hours of searching but can't find a solution. When I first got the gopro I could upload vids and photos very easy no prob usein a 16gb SD. I then used the gopro and same card all day shooting vids and photos. Came home have about 250 files and only 5 photos the computer would recognize and nothing else! My videos won't play nor will the rest of my photos open. I'm using a Mac and like I said before I had no problem viewing pics it vids. No updates to the comp since and iv tired converting the file but even the software of the converter won't recognize the files. Tried Photoshop , paintshop, yada yada yada ANYThIng! To open the files and they won't. Anybody ever have this problem or a link that would help me fix these files! Iv tired manually changing the NAme but nothings happens iv tried everything I could think of. Any help would be appeticaited thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
As you use a mac, maybe when

As you use a mac, maybe when you deleted the files you didn't empty the trash also. This could actually be giving you a false reading on how much space is available. Try formatting the card with disk utility or the GoPro menu system to do the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
True... Mac retains data until trash is emptied...

I use several Macs and wouldn't change for the world. However, there are a few oddities one must deal with. If you delete the data on your SD card it shows as gone... but while in Finder if you look down at the bottom, you will see the memory available on the card and it will be much less than the size of the card... so you need to empty the trash... then you will have your SD card 100% empty again. Don't know why they elected to do this but once a person knows this it's not a big issue.

I have also found iPhoto works really good for me in transferring my pics/clips from the Hero2 to my Mac.

Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.