GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot figure out for the life of me how to do timelapse in "Narrow" mode. It's keeps defaulting to the fish-eye. Video in narrow mode is no problem. I want the time laps to look like the first picture (Standard Video setting), but when I go in to settings when the cam is in Timelapse, there is no Field of View setting.

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

·
Administrator
9,600 Posts
Timelapse
I was just about to make a how to, when I had re-read your topic three times.

1. your video is [email protected] FOV narrow.

A) you can make this into a timelapse with no problems using GPS (gopro Studio)

that we are clear on. Yes no to No. 1

2. your second clip which is 2k7 AR 4:3 FOV wide, wanting to make a timelapse in narrow frame

Wth GPS (gopro Studio) it can not be done, yes it can it' s called cropping. in step 2 use Image control and slide zoom to your desired level .did that answer your question yes-no? to No.2

Paul I totally understand your frustration, What the camera does is crops the video if you chose narrow mode the sensor is not fully used. hope this answers your question.

FISH

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The photos were just for illustration. I just want to make a timelapse where the horizon or other straight lines arn't curved. Is that so much to ask?

So what I think you are saying that the only way to do a timelapse in narrow is to film a video and convert it to time lapse (That takes ALOT of room on the SD card, and is an unacceptable solution) or to edit it after the fact? Seams stupid that gopro would permit narrow video but not narrow time lapse, because many timelapes videos landscapes, which look better in narrow frame.

·
Administrator
9,600 Posts
the camera video has narrow, not photo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts