GoPro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi Matthias,
your video quality looks much better than mine, did you do some post processsing?
which firmware were you on at the time of the video?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Boznoz,
thanks for your friendly comment!
i post all my footage in BlackmagicDesigns Davinci Resolve.
There is a free version on their website you really should try out.
It makes your footage so much better!

·
Registered
425 Posts
actually im trying to figure out if i have faulty unit or not.
Always when i recorded videos with my H7 , they were crystal clear and usable straight from the camera.
With this H9 every video no matter the lighting conditions looks terrible and overprocessed. I have sharpnes on medium , color profile gopro, FW 1.22.
I tried all combinations of resolutions and framerate but no difference.

Can you share what exact settings you used in your video?
What kind of postprocessing you have done?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Hello Boznoz, wondering about your problems with the 9- I am on 7(very satisfied) and thinking about upgrading, especially the horizon leveling sounds nice.
Have you tried to set color on flat and do a little in post?
That is always I do because the GoPro colors are to strong.

Ciao Rob

·
Administrator
10,128 Posts
With firmware delays now as GoPro is ever so striving to work on each issue. If it was me, I make certain I do not go over the 30-day return period, once that passes, you can only warranty for changes. And if wit the Subscriptions limited to the exchanges per year. The workaround is a full refund before the 30-days, then Purchase soon after, if you want to change your mind, If the Sale is no longer offered then you do your best to decide?

For the problem you have, we really need to see video of what you consider to be an issue? I personally held off big time, gut feeling on the Hero 9. GoPro Hero 7 had the Best Color for sure, the Hero 8 they tweaked too much in the coloring and again did not get it right on the Hero 9 for me?

I am waiting for a Real Price drop, for now I will wait.

Nov release will be Dec 2020 fw 1.5

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hello Boznoz, wondering about your problems with the 9- I am on 7(very satisfied) and thinking about upgrading, especially the horizon leveling sounds nice.
Have you tried to set color on flat and do a little in post?
That is always I do because the GoPro colors are to strong.

Ciao Rob
Hi Rob,
I am used to using Gopro color since hero5, as this gave me optimal results and all i had to do was do some cutting and video was ready, no need to render any changes.
Today i did a small trip with my wife and i set it to flat color profile. Everything looks much better, but it still cannot compare.
This leads me to believe that the issue is just with the gopro profile, not the unit itself. thankfuly.
If you want my honest opinion, its not worth upgrading to H9. Not at this moment, with the audio bug and overprocessed image in photos and videos.
The only upside is the front screen. I was happy with the stabilization in H7 .

And btw, i got my H7 back. I asked the person i sold it to if he would mind returning it, and he was very kind and understanding.
I will keep both for some time and perform more side by side comparison shots , which i will upload to youtube for you guys to see. Im currently 3d printing a rig for that.

Reactions: Jatekman

·
Registered
6 Posts
for settings the hero 9 there are lots of good information from professionals on youtube - had no problem with the quality so far - except of taking pictures with lensmod...

·
Registered
425 Posts
for settings the hero 9 there are lots of good information from professionals on youtube - had no problem with the quality so far - except of taking pictures with lensmod...
so called professionals usually got the gopro for free , they will say only good things about it.
If i didnt own any other gopro previously, i would be amazed by the quality of H9 for sure. But being able to compare it, i see the difference.
Its true that with flat profile and post processing you can achieve very good results, but thats not my workflow or something im willing to spend my time on.
With H7 i just upload the videos to my phone or pc, make some cuts and quickly export, which doesnt take ages because i didnt have to adjust anything image related.

I think H9 was a step backwards, but there is a chance they can fix it in firmware

1 - 10 of 10 Posts